Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan713

Bill O'Brien Hot Seat Thread - 2020 edition - GM/HC/OC/DC and Luxury Box sales

Recommended Posts

Hop is putting up the best catch numbers of his career I think with the cards

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill sounds so done in that press conference. Think he knows hes over his head. Hopefully he leaves like MDA did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drained said:

Bill sounds so done in that press conference. Think he knows hes over his head. Hopefully he leaves like MDA did.

Feels like the team is starting to turn on him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man... I -dont- want to hate BoB because he seems like a nice person but, the offense just needs a change. I wonder if he really is on the hot seat right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tab said:

Man... I -dont- want to hate BoB because he seems like a nice person but, the offense just needs a change. I wonder if he really is on the hot seat right now

He can be the ******* Pope for all I care, he is a terrible head coach. Being nice and coaching football have nothing to do with one another. I wish him nothing but the best in life, but don’t want him having any sort of job related to coaching or managing the Texans

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s hire Dabo

trade something to the raiders for Renfro

trade something to the chargers for Williams 

pick up Gallman from the Giants 

And go for it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tab said:

Man... I -dont- want to hate BoB because he seems like a nice person but, the offense just needs a change. I wonder if he really is on the hot seat right now

I really appreciate him for his work with handicapped children - it's clear he's a good person in this respect, and he uses his platform to promote the needs of these kids. Good on him.

I also appreciate his stances on social justice - his take felt legitimate, he wasn't just speaking to be "on the record" so to speak. Once again, I can appreciate that.

NEITHER of those things impact his ability to coach or GM, and those are the only things that really matter when it comes to BoB. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BOB press conferences are basically Ricky Bobby after his first race

”car handled real good”

”I don’t know what to do with my hands”

”if you ain’t first your last”

”shake and bake baby”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw the BoB press conference he did yesterday(?), he seems so defeated. I think hes a good man and he doesn't deserve to be in any unnecessary stress but I hope he's beginning to see how his dreams of being the next Bill Belichick won't happen. He looks very done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Drained said:

Just saw the BoB press conference he did yesterday(?), he seems so defeated. I think hes a good man and he doesn't deserve to be in any unnecessary stress but I hope he's beginning to see how his dreams of being the next Bill Belichick won't happen. He looks very done. 

I have little sympathy for him, despite his work outside of his job. He's making more money in a month than I do in a year (and I make very good money) so the "stress" of his job is irrelevant to me. He's had seven years to do his job - build a SB contender. To date, he hasn't - that's not on Rick Smith, Brian Gaine, Chris Olsen or anyone else BoB has left in his path of destruction; That's on him. He sure as hell better feel the heat after the last two weeks.

He needs to come to terms that his ceiling is college football - nothing wrong with that, he could pick himself back up by getting back to that. Get himself with a mid tier school in a Power 5 conference, build them up how he sees it, recruit and develop talent as he sees fit - he's got a good future ahead of him.

Just... Not here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good point someone made, the Texans blaming better teams for its shortcomings is nothing new - during our franchise peak in 2012 and subsequent years of playoff loses, we've always blamed the New England Patriots and Tom Brady for being better than us and put our hands up and said "Yeah well they're the Pats, how are we going to beat them!". We did the same to the Colts, "Well they have Andrew Luck. We have [insert whatever QB that BoB was playing roulette with]"

I've had enough of the victim mentality, the Chargers, a team that has struggled so much more than ours last season, barely beat the Bengals on a botched FG, took the Chiefs to OT. The Ravens were beat by the Titans last year, a team we finished off rather well in the regular season. These wins are not impossible, we're just made to think that because we've been told "Oh well its just better teams, what do you expect? Get em next week against the Titans/Colts/Steelers/Vikings/whoever else." 

I just want some inspiring wins for once.

Edited by Drained
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Drained said:

Good point someone made, the Texans blaming better teams for its shortcomings is nothing new - during our franchise peak in 2012 and subsequent years of playoff loses, we've always blamed the New England Patriots and Tom Brady for being better than us and put our hands up and said "Yeah well they're the Pats, how are we going to beat them!". We did the same to the Colts, "Well they have Andrew Luck. We have [insert whatever QB that BoB was playing roulette with]"

I've had enough of the victim mentality, the Chargers, a team that has struggled so much more than ours last season, barely beat the Bengals on a botched FG, took the Chiefs to OT. The Ravens were beat by the Titans last year, a team we finished off rather well in the regular season. These wins are not impossible, we're just made to think that because we've been told "Oh well its just better teams, what do you expect? Get em next week against the Titans/Colts/Steelers/Vikings/whoever else." 

I just want some inspiring wins for once.

I mean the loses to the ravens and chiefs aren’t surprising because they are better teams than us. I can live with that. 
 

what sucks is that we don’t even show fight. We just get demolished. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I mean the loses to the ravens and chiefs aren’t surprising because they are better teams than us. I can live with that. 
 

what sucks is that we don’t even show fight. We just get demolished. 

That's the point. We should be competitive, like the Saints Week 1 last year.

I actually tuned out most of the Ravens game cause I was expecting us to lose but that doesn't change the fact that we should be competitive with them, the NFL may be a .500 league in Bill O'Brien's eyes, but if he wants to be a super bowl champion, he can't keep this defeatist attitude up of "we don't suck we're just not as good as them"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Our line is a dumpster fire. And we have perhaps the best LT in the NFL. 

Yup. Zach Fulton might be the worst OL in football, and Tytus Howard is regressing to the point of no return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...