Bill O'Brien Hot Seat Thread - 2020 edition - GM/HC/OC/DC and Luxury Box sales

Texansfan713

Seth Payne and Sean Pendergast are just laying into the Texans. Payne said it the best - this is just a horrible product.

The media is fully turned on BoB and Easterby. If Cal doesn't take any sort of action, it'll never happen and this franchise will lose the city (if they haven't already).

I posted this in another thread, but I'd like to see Saleh as the new Texans HC if he leaves, which I'm sure he will due to offers. 

Would be better than languishing in Atlanta or New York (Jets). 

I think BOB is gone after what is turning into a ****ty year. Which is good. Isn't he still your GM too? Is there someone else in line? Because then you could totally clean house and actually have a GM, and someone like Saleh come in. 

RickSmith/RobertSaleh 2021???

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I posted this in another thread, but I'd like to see Saleh as the new Texans HC if he leaves, which I'm sure he will due to offers. 

Would be better than languishing in Atlanta or New York (Jets). 

I think BOB is gone after what is turning into a ****ty year. Which is good. Isn't he still your GM too? Is there someone else in line? Because then you could totally clean house and actually have a GM, and someone like Saleh come in. 

RickSmith/RobertSaleh 2021???

I think Saleh got his start in Houston as part of Dom Capers' inaugural season? So, that would be a nice homecoming for him. The team isn't the same after 20 some years, but the McNair family is still in place, so it's a consideration to "bring a guy home" so to speak.

Bill O'Brien and Jack Easterby are the two main guys in charge, and it's pretty much established that Easterby will go if BoB goes...

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

BOB is so desperate that we are about to sign Earl Thomas. 

Yeah. He can't say "tough, smart, dependable" or "good teammate, good person" anymore. Earl Thomas is neither of those. 

Thomas could bring an edge, but this feels like Ed Reed all over again.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah. He can't say "tough, smart, dependable" or "good teammate, good person" anymore. Earl Thomas is neither of those. 

Thomas could bring an edge, but this feels like Ed Reed all over again.

Thomas is much younger than old man reed was. Thomas is gonna be a huge upgrade to our secondary but idk if that’s gonna matter much. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Thomas is much younger than old man reed was. Thomas is gonna be a huge upgrade to our secondary but idk if that’s gonna matter much. 

I'll agree that Thomas has a good year or two in him. I also agree he's immediately the best player in the secondary, ahead of Justin Reid.

I see the Reed comparison because Ed was really toxic and disruptive in the locker room - he trashed poor Wade Phillips frequently. I see Earl Thomas being the same type of player/teammate.

33 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good news!  The Vikings are coming to town to cool that seat for BoB.  ;)

Unless you got that Covid, you've got this.

We need you to win, BTW. The momentum is rising on this movement. There's legitimate reason to think BoB might get in hot water...

So much for Earl Thomas.

I wasn't a huge proponent of the potential pickup, but this indecisiveness is killing me. There's absolutely no direction here. 

Forget football for a second - if BoB is the CEO of an organization (which is sort of the case) this company is in danger of collapsing and filing for bankruptcy. Not having a five year plan to grow is a recipe for failure, you can't just "wing it" like BoB is trying...