Bill O'Brien Hot Seat Thread - 2020 edition - GM/HC/OC/DC and Luxury Box sales

Texansfan713

16 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

BOB is safe. Our leadership is too incompetent to fire him. We are just screwed as a franchise. Oh well. 

i feel sorry for whoever is "texans only fans".  i got other teams to keep me occupied like UH basketball, football, astros and rockets

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

BOB is safe. Our leadership is too incompetent to fire him. We are just screwed as a franchise. Oh well. 

Nobody really knows what Cal is as an owner, though. I mean, he could still hold a grudge for having to fire his buddy Rick Smith for all we know. 

I doubt there's going to be a change, but we'll have to see - no doubt Cal needs to do something after yesterday, however.

3 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Any rumors about Obs job? 

Nothing other than media suggestions. Pretty much anyone who follows football agrees that BoB should be held accountable. At the least, he should find an OC to take over playcalling. At the worst, he should find another job after after being fired.

Mike Mularkey was fired after WINNING a playoff game last season, so I hope Cal can see the issues and make the right decision.

As far as the extension this past off-season, all Cal would have to do is negotiate a buy out (which isn't exactly unheard of). 

i would not want McDaniels as HC under any circumstances. No more wannabe patriots BS please, on top of that i just hate him in general

Lets get someone from Andy Reid's coaching tree IMO

Edited by tab
  • Like 1

A few names I thought of on my drive today:

- Steelers OC Mike Munchak: His last stint in Tennessee was a disaster, but you find me the HC who can win with Jake Locker or Zach Mettenberger (hint, that guy doesn't exist). At the least, he'd probably pull off a complete revamp of our OL.

- Bears DC Vic Fangio: You'd have to surround him with a really strong OC and offensive minds (Adam Gase, Jim Bob Cooter make sense) but the things he could do with our front seven would be similar to what he did with Khalil Mack and Akeim Hicks. 

- ex-GB HC Mike McCarthy: At the height of their heyday, McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers were an incredible duo, with McCarthy designing plays that let Rodgers play without restraint. Someone like that for Deshaun Watson? That would work. 

Houston would be a enticing location to coach - you have young talent, your two best players have already committed to long term deals, you have a young QB who is very open to coaching, you're in an "afterthought" location for the media and you have ownership who will pay you a ton for minimal results and give you a long leash to build up your team.

With those things in mind, give Jim Harbaugh a call. Worst he can do is say no.