Bill O'Brien Hot Seat Thread - 2020 edition - GM/HC/OC/DC and Luxury Box sales

Texansfan713

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I wouldn’t mind going after Mike McCarthy. He’s got experience, has a super bowl and has put together some really good offenses. We would need to find a solid Defensive coordinator though. 

Preferably a d cord who will switch to a 4-3. We have the personnel to run that a lot better than a 3-4. 

I want an experienced DC who has failed as HC who is super aggressive. Who’s out there 

14 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I wouldn’t mind going after Mike McCarthy. He’s got experience, has a super bowl and has put together some really good offenses. We would need to find a solid Defensive coordinator though. 

Preferably a d cord who will switch to a 4-3. We have the personnel to run that a lot better than a 3-4. 

No thanks. He was basically a corpse the last few years at Green Bay.

I'd rather we take Kellen Moore from the Cowboys or Carmichael from the Saints. Honestly, I'd rather we go after a good current college coach like Reily or we take a seasoned and likable OC from a good team. 

The issue this front office made when hiring O'Brien was messing up in the interview, not sensing how much of a control freak he is, how he is so driven by emotion and by how much he is bias for certain players. That is our failure and we have seen it repeatedly with all these challenges, referring players that aren't that good but BoB likes as people, like Martin, HUGE contracts.

All we can hope is that Cal getting rid of Gaine means he wants stuff to change around here and that BoB and RAC were able to pass it off to the GM. I know that owners don't have the sharpest football minds but they read the media, they know the AFCS is weak and we should win it, they know we fall to any actual good competition for some reason. They see how we lose to backup QB's and get our franchise's future sacked 62 times a season. BoB is acting way too erratically to be secure. 

Edited by Drained

7 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Ugh never mind lol

I actually wouldn't mind. On field, it would either be a 3-13 disaster, or a 13-3 juggernaut. We'd be watching Miami burn our #1 for Trevor Lawrence in 2021, or we'd be in the AFCCG a few times.

One thing is for certain... it would be SO entertaining. Rex would put us on the map in a way that is unique to Rex.

7 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

As for offense. I don’t know anymore. I’m so burned out from this sorry franchise that I’m starting not to care. It’s sad 

I think McCarthy isn't a bad idea. Sure, the last few years were a disaster in Green Bay, but how much of that was Aaron Rodgers just not caring? I don't think Watson has the same mental make-up, he's not going to isolate himself from his family and demonstrate this sort of behavior that turned Rodgers into a bit of a prima donna. Watson is going to work, going to take feedback, going to get better. 

I mean, I'm still pining for the college guys - Riley, Harbaugh, David Shaw and Matt Rhule as a dark horse candidate (@Apollo Stallion might not like that) but if not, then a McCarthy/Ryan tandem with Nick Caserio as GM and Gary Kubiak as Director of Football Operations/Football Czar would work for me.

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Honestly, at this point I would take Tony Romo coming out of the press box

Yes.

But he should focus on getting the defense ready not the offense since he knows what everyone is going to do before they do it. He's a freaking wizard