Report: Gruden causing divide in Raiders front office

DigInBoys

You have a young and upcoming franchise with key pieces in place ( carr, mack, cooper). You add a HC who already had a controversial past (won with Dungy's team against his previous team) and give him control over the roster. He trades a former DPOY in his prime. He get's out coached 3 weeks in a row.

...Gruden was a mistake many called the minute he was signed. He was a flashy name to entice LV fans upon arrival and in doing so has disrupted the locker room; also started 0-3.

8 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

You have a young and upcoming franchise with key pieces in place ( carr, mack, cooper). You add a HC who already had a controversial past (won with Dungy's team against his previous team) and give him control over the roster. He trades a former DPOY in his prime. He get's out coached 3 weeks in a row.

...Gruden was a mistake many called the minute he was signed. He was a flashy name to entice LV fans upon arrival and in doing so has disrupted the locker room; also started 0-3.

This was an easy one to predict that it would be a failure. Gruden was overrated a decade ago. The idea to hand him all that cash and control of the team is mind boggling stupid. Feel for the players that had to watch their best teammate get traded and feel for the fans that will have to deal with this for years. 

I like what Gruden is doing. He took over a pathetic 6-10 team of underachievers. You go 6-10, anyone is trade bait, because you suck. Blow it up and rebuild.

This is the pain year, and the first year of the rebuild is not so fun. Next year will be better. 

2 minutes ago, FinSting said:

I like what Gruden is doing. He took over a pathetic 6-10 team of underachievers. You go 6-10, anyone is trade bait, because you suck. Blow it up and rebuild.

This is the pain year, and the first year of the rebuild is not so fun. Next year will be better. 

You don’t trade the best defender in the league, who is in his prime, as a start of a rebuild. You rebuild AROUND that player. 

15 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Outcoached? We didn't have the talent to hang with you guys. We gameplanned to use Cook and Richard to try and attack your LBs. And it worked. Carr had the yips and the wheels fell off. Denver, the offense was pretty good considering we have shaky OTs going against Von Miller, Wolfe, Chubb, and Ray. Plus vs a great secondary. Would have liked more points on the board but you take what you can get in that situation and expect your defense to not collapse. Today, honestly, Cooper had some brutal drops. Then Carr threw the game away. And our defense kept letting up big plays. Yet even still our offense was moving the ball. Yeah, Gruden is the HEAD coach, but he doesnt do much on defense. And you need your playmakers to execute.

I have bones to pick with the guy organizationally. The Mack thing was a horrible he might not ever live down. And I will not defend it. Just hoping the picks pan out. Further there have been a few odd decisions that Gruden has rolled with that I can't get behind. Like having a bad rookie punter. Dude sucks.

Gruden the GM....not a fan...Gruden the coach...definitely not bad.

1 minute ago, Ketchup said:

You don’t trade the best defender in the league, who is in his prime, as a start of a rebuild. You rebuild AROUND that player. 

I agree. It would have been difficult to work around Carr and Mack's deals but Mack is the kind of player you figure out how to make it work with.

Just now, Silver&Black88 said:

I agree. It would have been difficult to work around Carr and Mack's deals but Mack is the kind of player you figure out how to make it work with.

When the rumors of GB getting Mack came out, I was against it. The fact that we would have had to give up a lot of premium draft capital on top of fitting his contract on the books with Rodgers’, I just thought it best to pass. With Oakland, all they had to do was make the salary work because he was already on the team. You make it work. 

Just now, Ketchup said:

When the rumors of GB getting Mack came out, I was against it. The fact that we would have had to give up a lot of premium draft capital on top of fitting his contract on the books with Rodgers’, I just thought it best to pass. With Oakland, all they had to do was make the salary work because he was already on the team. You make it work. 

Preaching to the choir, dude.

2 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Disagree, just not a Mack fan, I've always thought he's overrated and certainly not the best defender in the league. He'll give you a great first half then disappear the rest of the game. Somehow just doesn't make the dudes around him better, and that's a deal-breaker in my opinion. You can't define uplifting players, they have the aura or they don't. 

Do the Herschel Walker thing, play your best trade bait card and rebuild. 

How can it alienate a fan base that's about to lose their team to another city anyway?

42 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Outcoached? We didn't have the talent to hang with you guys. We gameplanned to use Cook and Richard to try and attack your LBs. And it worked. Carr had the yips and the wheels fell off. Denver, the offense was pretty good considering we have shaky OTs going against Von Miller, Wolfe, Chubb, and Ray. Plus vs a great secondary. Would have liked more points on the board but you take what you can get in that situation and expect your defense to not collapse. Today, honestly, Cooper had some brutal drops. Then Carr threw the game away. And our defense kept letting up big plays. Yet even still our offense was moving the ball. Yeah, Gruden is the HEAD coach, but he doesnt do much on defense. And you need your playmakers to execute.

I have bones to pick with the guy organizationally. The Mack thing was a horrible he might not ever live down. And I will not defend it. Just hoping the picks pan out. Further there have been a few odd decisions that Gruden has rolled with that I can't get behind. Like having a bad rookie punter. Dude sucks.

Gruden the GM....not a fan...Gruden the coach...definitely not bad.

The Raiders have looked good in the 1st quarter of every game and were successful with scripted plays. Once it came to calling plays based what the defense is showing, they shrunk. And sorry, Gruden doesn't get a pass when his defense gets beat. He has control over the entire team, especially defensive personnel. If the players he decided to roll with and Coordinator he picked get smoked, it's partially on him. Gruden may have ruined his chance to get back on MNF. Maybe he and Fisher can start a podcast together.

18 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The Raiders have looked good in the 1st quarter of every game and were successful with scripted plays. Once it came to calling plays based what the defense is showing, they shrunk. And sorry, Gruden doesn't get a pass when his defense gets beat. He has control over the entire team, especially defensive personnel. If the players he decided to roll with and Coordinator he picked get smoked, it's partially on him. Gruden may have ruined his chance to get back on MNF. Maybe he and Fisher can start a podcast together.

It is partially on him but you're heaping it on as if he calls the plays on defense. And our offense moved the ball the last 2 weeks in the 2nd half. Look, I get that you have an agenda and that fine.  Comparing him to Jeff Fisher after 3 weeks just shows it.

3 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

It is partially on him but you're heaping it on as if he calls the plays on defense. And our offense moved the ball the last 2 weeks in the 2nd half. Look, I get that you have an agenda and that fine.  Comparing him to Jeff Fisher after 3 weeks just shows it.

After week 1 my agenda is gone. Comparing an aged coach with success in one era with another HC that had success, but is no longer relevant in today's in NFL is not an agenda. It's just a matter of fact they are similar coaches and one of which was my team's HC recently.

What is this "agenda" Raiders fans keep talking about? There is no agenda, just a bad looking franchise and people pointing it out. I would guess most fans would prefer the Raiders be a good, competitive team as one of the historic NFL brands. This "us against the world" stuff is just goofy and very forced. 

Archived