Report: Gruden causing divide in Raiders front office

DigInBoys

3 hours ago, G said:

I don't think hiring Gruden is a mistake. It was the contract 10 year/100 million that was the mistake. Gave him too much comfort to trade Mack and not worry about winning now, THAT was a mistake. 

i read that Davis is one of the nfl poorest owner worth around 400 million

guy gave him a contract thats almost 20% of his net wealth this will not end well

16 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

John middlekauff has been saying this since the draft. Gruden just needs to clear the front office hire some one he trusts whos able to disagree with Gruden and it be listened. 

All Gruden is doing is evaluating talent for the year not even sure he cares if he wins this year. He has 10 years or a lot of money if released he has the keys now and he is just seeing what he has this year to put his team together.

Just a couple thoughts on this from a Raiders fan perspective.  

1) The article doesn't even look professional.  Literally looks like a kindergartner threw this together with the only 'fact' being that Jon was responsible for the Khalil Mack trade, which... we all knew out of the gate.  

2) Winning cures everything.  There are guys in the scouting department who feel under valued because the new 10 million dollar man brought in his own guys?  I say show me the rat.  Who is talking or leaking things to the media?  At this point, Jon deserves to bring in his people who he trusts to help him make football decisions.  Even when they are bad ones.  Mark did give him the keys and the money.  

3) Honestly at this point, us Raider fans don't have much of a choice but to set sail on this ship to Vegas with Gruden.  If it sinks, it sinks.  If it doesn't, hopefully it doesn't, maybe he can turn us into a respectable franchise in a year or two.  

4) Reggie is as good as gone.  If I am doing a job (Poorly IMO) and my boss hires someone to fill my shoes PLUS another position, I am out.  I am looking for my next landing spot.  

To the outside fans, I say this.. I have been a Raider fan as far back as I can remember.  I have seen some troubling times.  But I have NEVER been more disappointed than this season starting with the draft.  Reggie has NEVER gotten good value for his trade backs.  Then trying to force feed us that Miller was "our guy", no.  He wasn't. But he is doing well.  It just boggles my mind that Derwin James was there for the taking and we didn't pull the trigger.  After the first round, its not all bad.  Then the Mack trade, cutting Bryant the same day, albeit for contract reasons... it all just kinda hit hard and sucked.  Not even going to bring up the McCarron trade the same day as the last two issues.  But to go 0-3 with a guy who traded your best player, threw the GM under the bus by saying "I had nothing to do with the 2nd we gave up", to follow that up by saying "Its hard to find a great edge rusher"  GFY Jon.  G.F.Y.

13 hours ago, Ketchup said:

When the rumors of GB getting Mack came out, I was against it. The fact that we would have had to give up a lot of premium draft capital on top of fitting his contract on the books with Rodgers’, I just thought it best to pass. With Oakland, all they had to do was make the salary work because he was already on the team. You make it work. 

More and more pretty reliable reports have been coming out that it wasnt about the contract but about Davis' cash flow issues.  He simply couldn't afford to put the guaranteed money in escrow, and Gruden has had to take the bullet for Davis bc of it.  Gruden somewhat told you that himself when he said their best offer wasnt even close to the Bears'.  Essentially the most cash poor owner in the NFL put out nearly half a billion dollars this year and couldn't afford another $100M

Can't say I didn't see this coming.  Wasn't high on Carr after his one or two big seasons and wasn't high on the Gruden signing.  They better hit homeruns on these draft picks the next few years or Gruden might not make it to the half way point of his deal.  I had that opinion before the season even started.  

Archived