• Cooper drops
  • Penalties
  • No pressure
  • We are 0-3
  • Carr has 6 picks in 3 games
  • 0 points scored in 4th Q's this year minus the late lame FG today

You touched on pretty much everything. 

We need a new punter stat

i would throw Irvin in the ugly. He is a complete nonfactor and is making way too much. This next offseason we need an extreme make over on defense and a real RT. Penn is done.

this is just ridiculous how we fold in the second half and turn into a Pop Warner team in the 4th quarter.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

If we kept Mack and King we are probably 2-1 with our sole loss to Los Angeles. Amazing how much of a difference two players can make. We are in for a 50/50 game at home against Cleveland. Never thought I would say such a thing. 

I think iyd have been 50/50 with Tyrod starting. Id go 25/75 with Mayfield starting now

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If we kept Mack and King we are probably 2-1 with our sole loss to Los Angeles.

I really hate to admit it, but honestly I would agree with you. Our lack of pass rush and bad field position are two of the major concerns thus far. We shipped off players that were top 3 at those respective positions.

How much of this is ego with Gruden? 

Gruden has to be in the Ugly section, 3 games in a row we have been leading at half time and we haven’t been able to react to teams adjustments. Not good enough for a $100m coach. Main reason for bringing Gruden was that he was supposed to an upgrade over Del Rio, not seeing it yet. 

3 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Gruden has to be in the Ugly section, 3 games in a row we have been leading at half time and we haven’t been able to react to teams adjustments. Not good enough for a $100m coach. Main reason for bringing Gruden was that he was supposed to an upgrade over Del Rio, not seeing it yet. 

Overreaction imo. JDR was terrible by high school coaching standards lol.

We're just not a talented team fellas.

10 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Are we overachieving in the first quarter then? Haven't we had the lead heading in to the second half in all 3 games? A top tier, elite coach (a $100M coach) should be able to close out games. I agree we aren't that talented, but still the coaching has to compensate for that.

2 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Overreaction imo. JDR was terrible by high school coaching standards lol.

Maybe but 3 leads at HT and not getting over the line shouldn’t happen to a top coach. The talent issue is on Gruden as well, he’s responsible for the roster. Del Rio was winning games with players he has released or traded.

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I really hate to admit it, but honestly I would agree with you. Our lack of pass rush and bad field position are two of the major concerns thus far. We shipped off players that were top 3 at those respective positions.

How much of this is ego with Gruden? 

Much as I hate the Mack trade I can at least see the football justification for it. Didn't and still don't with King. It'd be one thing if he was getting suspended or actively costing the team (penalties when we're already way up ahead is not the same ) but special teams is criminally underrated and we let one of the best difference makers there go to a division rival free of charge. Townsend blowing is the cherry on top

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Are we overachieving in the first quarter then? Haven't we had the lead heading in to the second half in all 3 games? A top tier, elite coach (a $100M coach) should be able to close out games. I agree we aren't that talented, but still the coaching has to compensate for that.

Ever think that scheming and lack of film can compensate for a lack of talent and thats why we're up every first half? Same thing happens every game.

1. We go up early.

2. The opposing team figures out our scheme, weaknesses, and our limitations when they make half time adjustments.

3. We get our booties kicked in the 2nd half cuz we dont have the talent, AND ESPECIALLY PLAYMAKERS, to compete when a team adjusts to our scheme.

This is the reality...no coach looks at our team on offense, defense, or special teams and says "We're gonna have to alter our scheme to compensate for this guy". Mack was the only one we had and he's gone now. There are ZERO playmakers on this team. Mix that with a general lack of talent and thats a killer

What gets lost in all of this is all of the roster turnover and a totally new coaching staff. It’s going to take awhile for things to click, especially on defense. Other than Irvin, ?, pretty much every starter is new. I think we win these types of games as the year progresses. We’re going to get smoked by kc both times though. No doubt. Honestly, if we’re able to see some development from Carr and Cooper, it would be a huge step.

Archived