The Good, the Bad, the Winless Gruden Era vs Miami

RaidersAreOne

Today’s loss was gut-wrenching, but if the reports about Gruden’s personnel group within a personnel group are accurate, then I honestly think that’s a worse development than the loss.  I think Gruden has already improved the offense. Arguably, he destroyed any chance of having at least an average defense before the season even started, but I do have faith his staff will improve the remaining group over the course of the season. I do still have faith in Gruden as a coach despite the 0-3 start.

And I was on board with the Gruden hiring with caveats. I wouldn’t have committed to ten years, but c’est la vie. But what I did not want in the Gruden experiment was unchecked power for the man himself. IMHO, either McKenzie (or McKenzie’s replacement) needs to retain some real front office power for this to work. I just don’t think that’s where this is going.

If true, the dueling personnel group story is also depressing because just allowing that to even exist suggests a level of organizational dysfunction I thought we’d left behind

And I increasingly wonder if Davis got comfortable with Gruden’s $10 million per by figuring he’d eventually see some salary savings at the GM position. Because there won’t really be one after McKenzie. Only time will tell.

I just hope if they dispatch McKenzie that they've at least kept notes on how to write contracts and WTF dead money is. I just cannot go back to that.

Good:

1st half

Nelson

Run D

Martin and Lynch looked good at times

Thought the corners played pretty solid, Hall has looked way better than I thought he would

Hurst had a nice pressure, maybe sack where he was held, but then got called for roughing. 

Bad:

2nd half

No pass rush

Cooper quitting on the INT that Carr shouldn't have even thrown to begin with. 

Thought Lee was getting roasted in coverage a few times

Townsend had a terrible punt, a good one, then another bad one.

Lots of penalties both ways 

Please get Nelson off the field

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Going to beat it until we stop giving up games in the 2nd half because nobody on defense can make a game changing play!

There is no one of defense. We are pretty void of talent. Even when Mack was here. Mack is best guy we've probably ever had but he's gone and he alone wasnt going to carry us this year. 

Mack was here last year. Didnt matter much In win/loss column.

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Going to beat it until we stop giving up games in the 2nd half because nobody on defense can make a game changing play!

How about the offense score more than 28 points I mean dam the defense is giving it their all but the offense can’t produce points. I’m so tired of red zone fgs but when you have carr throwing red zone ints I guess fgs don’t sound that bad. Offense needs to step it up I like Grudens play calling offense just not executing 

15 minutes ago, roi34 said:

There is no one of defense. We are pretty void of talent. Even when Mack was here. Mack is best guy we've probably ever had but he's gone and he alone wasnt going to carry us this year. 

Mack was here last year. Didnt matter much In win/loss column.

I agree with this.  However, I would love to see what The Furor put around him going forward with a reasonable DC in PG.  

The end situation with Mack, Irvin and Key spelling them sounds a boat load better than Irvin and Key... You don't have to double either.   

Archived