The Good, the Bad, the Winless Gruden Era vs Miami

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

That is what drafting is for. And get started on that 3 million punter, cause the cheap one we got now sucks really bad. Could have kept king around one more year, drafted a punter, made sure he was decent first before giving him the job. Kinda like how they found king in the first place. 

16 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

That is what drafting is for. And get started on that 3 million punter, cause the cheap one we got now sucks really bad. Could have kept king around one more year, drafted a punter, made sure he was decent first before giving him the job. Kinda like how they found king in the first place. 

Then maybe we could be good in 3-5 years, no blow things up now and try to win next year.

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

What’s happening with Carradine? He’s been a healthy scratch for 2 of the 3 games. Our DE depth is bad enough after losing Mack, I would thought Carradine should be playing to limit Keys snaps. MEJ would be a better option at this point, I see he got a sack for the Giants on Sunday.

This needs to be addressed to Gruden. 

13 hours ago, dante9876 said:

King was overpaid badly, as shown what he got on the market (half of his raiders contract). We just shouldnt have gambled on a drafted kid alone but signed a veteran punter as well. 

24 minutes ago, Roninho said:

King was overpaid badly, as shown what he got on the market (half of his raiders contract). We just shouldnt have gambled on a drafted kid alone but signed a veteran punter as well. 

1. Who cares if he was over paid. We didnt need the cap space anyway. 2. Lechler was over paid also, but we found his replacement, trained him , and than let lechler leave. The way we did this punter thing was awful. It be like getting rid of all qbs on your roster before the draft cause you got number 1 pick. 

40 minutes ago, Roninho said:

Maybe i dont recall correctly, but imo we couldnt sign anybody decent in FA and had a hard time fitting a LB under the cap.

Still puzzled how we got into these cap issues after Reggie first got us out of these issues.

I would’ve preferred a quality over quantity. However I don’t really think the team has cap issues going forward. If anything I wish Reggie could stay around and do contracts but we know he’s a goner 

On 9/26/2018 at 5:42 AM, Dessie said:

Irvins contract was non guaranteed going into the season, it was discussed often enough in here. 

King is currently rank 22nd in punting average and Denver added a punter to their PS. Worth watching. He's not doing anything great this year. 

Archived