Wk 3 postgame: GB 17 • WAS 31

Cakeshoppe

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

What's your realistic solution? Josh Jones is a bigger Kentrell Brice. His weaknesses are very similar. So you want Whitehead?

I already know you're going to say Eric Reid or Earl Thomas. No one is signing Reid and Seattle already turned down a 2/3 for Thomas, so that isn't happening either.

The realistic solution is to find an MD Jennings off the scrap heap and try that instead.  Or you can try Tramon there, or you can just play boring Cover 3.

40 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

The realistic solution is to find an MD Jennings off the scrap heap and try that instead.  Or you can try Tramon there, or you can just play boring Cover 3.

Getti

40 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Getting King back helps I doubt we make a change at S. It would be nice to see some growth from both players though. Brice plays the run well and can come up and stuff, but often he's coming down way to out of control and misses. If he can slow it down he maybe able to see and diagnose a bit better. Haha just seems so off in all parts of his game, like something isn't right. Doesn't look like the college player, maybe he's not happy in GB who knows, i'm not crapping on him he's just not a guy i resign or take a 5 th year option on. I could be wrong but just not there for me. I hope hope they both can put it together bit by bit even.

5 hours ago, RedRaider said:

I kinda see where you're coming from, but Green Bay very rarely uses a H-back and I'm sure Tonyan can drop a wide open pass as good as Kendricks. Why not make an example, cut ties with Lance and sign a real H-back if we need one or use Lewis in that role.

We use an H back on about a quarter of our snaps. It's not a role that doesn't get use.

Lewis is not an H back. He's not close, just not quick enough in short areas.  And truthfully Lewis has been fairly ******* dreadful. He gave up another sack against the Redskins. If all a guy can do is block, he needs to be an amazing blocker and he hasn't been this year.

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The play calls really aren't that different. The defense is usually playing way closer to the LOS for the first few drives which makes the quick hitter game much more difficult. We've been having to prove that we can win against those looks before teams back off. 

The only thing wrong with our offense the first two drives against the Redskins was execution.

Cobb dropped a third down conversion on the first drive and Rodgers threw a junk ball on a third down conversion on the second drive. That has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with a quarter of our salary cap making scrub tier plays. 

Right.  If the players execute the plays Mac calls correctly nobody is griping about his playcalling.

I'm not a big HHCD fan.

I dunno, he's just always looked a little corky on the field to me. He's not a fluid athlete and hes more of a reactive player than a force player out there. He's not the worst guy to have as your last level of defense, but (despite his INT numbers) I don't view him as a difference maker either.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Maybe it's just me but I see a high chance for friendly fire on Tramon here. I think people are just looking anywhere for HHCD material.

No. Not the case with me. It has nothing to do with coverage responsibilities (yesterdays discussion) It popped up in my Twitter feed and I agree with Fennell.
The least HHCD should have done (IMO at least) is put a hat / shoulder on Crowder. This was a contact and intimidation sport last I played it.
On this play at least, HHCD makes a concerted effort to avoid contact. Not gonna scare anybody off doing that. No "alligator arms" in Crowder's future. 
I realize Brice is probably our "enforcer" Safety - doesnt mean HHCD needs to waltz with the WRs though.
IMO.

46 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not a big HHCD fan.

I dunno, he's just always looked a little corky on the field to me. He's not a fluid athlete and hes more of a reactive player than a force player out there. He's not the worst guy to have as your last level of defense, but (despite his INT numbers) I don't view him as a difference maker either.

I get what you're saying.  He moves differently - but I'd argue that he has the perfect combination of size, speed, and athleticism to be a top 10 safety.  I looked back at some highlights of his years at Alabama and his first 2 years in GB.  Biggest difference I saw was that he was willing to hit 2 years ago.  When you're willing to be physical as a safety you're going to make more plays than when you play not to get hurt.

Archived