Wk 3 postgame: GB 17 • WAS 31

Cakeshoppe

Just now, LacyIsGood said:

That's an irrelevant projection.  Two weeks ago Cobb caught a short pass and turned around to find almost no one near him, and finished the play.

You're an irrelevant projection. 

HE HAD THE 75 YARD CATCH. 

THIS IS THE DUMBEST FREQUENTLY USED ARGUMENT ON THIS SITE.

"If you take away..."  No.  You don't take that away.  THEY HAD IT.  THEY DID IT.  Randall Cobb is on pace for 1,000 yards BECAUSE HE MADE A VERY GOOD PLAY.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You're an irrelevant projection. 

HE HAD THE 75 YARD CATCH. 

THIS IS THE DUMBEST FREQUENTLY USED ARGUMENT ON THIS SITE.

"If you take away..."  No.  You don't take that away.  THEY HAD IT.  THEY DID IT.  Randall Cobb is on pace for 1,000 yards BECAUSE HE MADE A VERY GOOD PLAY.

Yes, I get that.  But on a play by play basis he doesn't seem to be a threat to defenses.  i think they need to get a guy on the field who is.  

Just now, LacyIsGood said:

Yes, I get that.  But on a play by play basis he doesn't seem to be a threat to defenses.  i think they need to get a guy on the field who is.  

I don't even want to hear it.  Cobb was frequently open yesterday.  One throw was behind him, the other was in front of him.  They weren't perfect throws by Rodgers.  The first one he had to lay out to barely be able to touch it.  The second one (the fourth down drop) was behind him.  He fumbled.  It was a bad fumble.  That doesn't mean he's not a threat.  He sure as hell was a threat in Chicago when Rodgers knew he had to get rid of the ball, and if our offense ever gets back to that, he'll be a threat again.

It's blasphemy around here to blame Rodgers for anything, but he needs to take what's available to him all game instead of AFTER we get down early.  Every single year in the beginning of the season this happens.  Every single year.  Our offense comes out flat, our defense gets overburdened, we get down early, and THEN Rodgers starts taking what's given to him. 

Randall Cobb didn't suddenly lose his ability to be an effective slot receiver in the NFL.  He didn't lose a step at 28 years old. 

Just four years ago Cobb had 91 catches and averaged over 14 yards a catch with 12 touchdowns.  He didn't lose that ability.  Now look at Rodgers since then. 

2014, Rodgers averaged 8.4 yards per attempt. 

In the years since, he has averaged: 6.7, 7.3, 7.0, 7.2. 

What else stands out about 2014?

Eddie Lacy had 42 catches and averaged 10.2 yards per catch.  That was the best yards per catch for a running back in Aaron's entire time here.  Go back and watch that year and Rodgers NEVER held onto the ball the way he has since that year.

2015 ruined Rodgers completely.  The inability of our receivers to get open ruined him and for some reason he has to sit back there forever.  This has been going on for the past four years now and it has to stop. 

This is not an issue of a lack of receiving talent.  We have Jimmy Graham who showed against Minnesota he's capable.  Davante Adams.  Randall Cobb.  A ****ing receiver at RB. 

At some point, you all have to look at Rodgers to see why our offense is struggling.  Teams aren't completely blanketing our receivers.  Running backs go uncovered against us probably 20% of the plays. 

39 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

Cobb had a bad game yesterday.   The whole offense is off right now, and that is not unexpected given that Rodgers is wounded and your most explosive running back was on limited duty since he hadn't played or practiced for the first two weeks.  

He is a threat to defenses. 

7 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Cobb had a bad game yesterday.   The whole offense is off right now, and that is not unexpected given that Rodgers is wounded and your most explosive running back was on limited duty since he hadn't played or practiced for the first two weeks.  

He is a threat to defenses. 

Agree.  Watching a gimpy, relatively immobile Rodgers is nerve wracking.  I have think his injury is somewhat affecting his timing on some throws, not to mention the zip on the ball.  Certainly some of yesterday’s drops could/should have been caught, but the passes were sub-optimal to say the least.  This concerns me, and I wonder if we’ll have a healthy Rodgers at all this season?

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not hitting on all cylinders yet.......

Is Nagler's statement true, or was Rodgers just putting on a fake to get  the defense moving in the wrong direction?

Cobb and Kendricks are blocking the edge to trap them inside which makes me think the play was designed to go outside to the QB's left.

Could be a broken play like he indicates, but it is really hard to know what the true call is on a play like this.

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Is Nagler's statement true, or was Rodgers just putting on a fake to get  the defense moving in the wrong direction?

Cobb and Kendricks are blocking the edge to trap them inside which makes me think the play was designed to go outside to the QB's left.

Could be a broken play like he indicates, but it is really hard to know what the true call is on a play like this.

Well I dont know if Naglers got it right - but if its an RPO - having three of your "P" options blocking down kinda negates the passing option.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well I dont know if Naglers got it right - but if its an RPO - having three of your "P" options blocking down kinda negates the passing option.

I get it, but my pet peeve these days are guys like Nagler that put something like that out there without confirming that it was indeed an RPO with bad communication.

It is a good, informative post on your part, but I think questionable commentary by Nagler.

I put him in the Zach Kruse category- somebody who puts a high volume of stuff out there, but doesn't always know as much as they claim.

just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't even want to hear it.  Cobb was frequently open yesterday.  One throw was behind him, the other was in front of him.  They weren't perfect throws by Rodgers.  The first one he had to lay out to barely be able to touch it.  The second one (the fourth down drop) was behind him.  He fumbled.  It was a bad fumble.  That doesn't mean he's not a threat.  He sure as hell was a threat in Chicago when Rodgers knew he had to get rid of the ball, and if our offense ever gets back to that, he'll be a threat again.

It's blasphemy around here to blame Rodgers for anything, but he needs to take what's available to him all game instead of AFTER we get down early.  Every single year in the beginning of the season this happens.  Every single year.  Our offense comes out flat, our defense gets overburdened, we get down early, and THEN Rodgers starts taking what's given to him. 

Randall Cobb didn't suddenly lose his ability to be an effective slot receiver in the NFL.  He didn't lose a step at 28 years old. 

Just four years ago Cobb had 91 catches and averaged over 14 yards a catch with 12 touchdowns.  He didn't lose that ability.  Now look at Rodgers since then. 

2014, Rodgers averaged 8.4 yards per attempt. 

In the years since, he has averaged: 6.7, 7.3, 7.0, 7.2. 

What else stands out about 2014?

Eddie Lacy had 42 catches and averaged 10.2 yards per catch.  That was the best yards per catch for a running back in Aaron's entire time here.  Go back and watch that year and Rodgers NEVER held onto the ball the way he has since that year.

2015 ruined Rodgers completely.  The inability of our receivers to get open ruined him and for some reason he has to sit back there forever.  This has been going on for the past four years now and it has to stop. 

This is not an issue of a lack of receiving talent.  We have Jimmy Graham who showed against Minnesota he's capable.  Davante Adams.  Randall Cobb.  A ****ing receiver at RB. 

At some point, you all have to look at Rodgers to see why our offense is struggling.  Teams aren't completely blanketing our receivers.  Running backs go uncovered against us probably 20% of the plays. 

I agree.

Even more, I believe those who make the most money bear the most responsibility.

Archived