Earl Thomas anyone?

Chiefs_5627

This would help with a lot of our problems in the back 7. Thomas plus a Berry return would make our defense....acceptable, at least. I imagine we're only considering this now with how quickly Mahomes has come on. You don't want to go too all in if Mahomes will have growing pains, but with this start, they might want to try to go all in this year or next.

8 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

We can rush the QB but as a rule we don't. This is everyone's beef with Sutton.

J

Add to the fact that Sutton runs 3 man Dlines that can't pressure the QB or stop the run. This also detrimentally affects Houson and Ford's ability to pressure the QB. I'd love to see some blitzing, but there are these other issues too.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:55 PM, Jakuvious said:

This would help with a lot of our problems in the back 7. Thomas plus a Berry return would make our defense....acceptable, at least. I imagine we're only considering this now with how quickly Mahomes has come on. You don't want to go too all in if Mahomes will have growing pains, but with this start, they might want to try to go all in this year or next.

Judging a small sample size, going all in this year is a good chance at a championship. 

Reid has the best QB of his career and the guy routinely make average guys into pro bowlers. 

8 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

A 2nd rounder is way too much for a 1-year rental. ET and Eric Berry are the same age to four months. I would not give a 2nd for Berry at this point in his career and he's fully integrated into our system.

J

The original rumor was that the Cowboys offered a 2nd and the Seahawks wanted more. So who knows what the going rate is now.

22 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

The original rumor was that the Cowboys offered a 2nd and the Seahawks wanted more. So who knows what the going rate is now.

If that is true, it is a good reason why there is no activity from our FO.

That said, I have my doubts that Dallas would make that offer, at least not without a lot of strings. It's the sort of thing Jerry Jones might spout but his people would not approve. As a top of scale conditional on playing 14+ games and making All-Pro, maybe.

J

8 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

A 2nd rounder is way too much for a 1-year rental. ET and Eric Berry are the same age to four months. I would not give a 2nd for Berry at this point in his career and he's fully integrated into our system.

J

I would imagine that whatever team trades for ET has an extension in place before the trade goes through.

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Even then it's the downside of his career. A 2nd round pick is pretty rich unless it's purely conditional. 

J

I'd be fine with it now. Given that we have two 2nd round draft picks and they currently look to be two of the lower 2nd round draft picks, I'm perfectly fine with that value. An elite FS at 29. Ed Reed stayed elite through about 32, and very good through 34ish. Dawkins was elite through 33 and very good through like 36. Polamalu didn't last as long but he also had more of an injury history than the other guys. I'd be more than fine giving up the 55th-60thish pick in the draft for 4 years of great FS play.

I'm willing to pay 4x10m for however many great years he has left.  It's the 2nd rnd pick I don't like.  If a few weeks go by then his price (cap cost to us and pick in trade) will go down.  We could then make it happen cap wise with some cuts.

Cutting Hill and Fuller could save us 1.5m ???

Archived