Officially Jimmy Garoppolo has a torn ACL

49erurtaza

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Might be a blessing in disguise. This team needs a little more "oomph" to get them into the playoffs. Some good draft picks will help.

I wouldn’t say that right now. He needs play time. He didn’t play his first or second year in the league, his third year he played a game and a half and got injured, his fourth year he played 5 games at the tail end of the season, now in his fifth year he played 3 games an it looks like he’s out for the season due to an injury people struggle coming back from. This is a guy who should be entering his prime, you don’t want this to hurt his development

Just now, lancerman said:

I wouldn’t say that right now. He needs play time. He didn’t play his first or second year in the league, his third year he played a game and a half and got injured, his fourth year he played 5 games at the tail end of the season, now in his fifth year he played 3 games an it looks like he’s out for the season due to an injury people struggle coming back from. This is a guy who should be entering his prime, you don’t want this to hurt his development

Exactly. It is far more important he gets experience than the team getting a high draft pick to improve their roster. Without him reaching his potential, everything else is irrelevant. He's going into his sixth year with less than 16 starts. No Bueno. 

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I get that they are saying it's a non-contact injury and his knee just buckled, but watching the replay that was still such a stupid hit to take. Unless you're built like Cam Newton or Big Ben, you're little skinny butt should be darting out of bound EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Doesn't sound like you do lol 

Everyone keeps saying this and I really don't get it. He tore his ACL before he took the hit. The hit had absolutely nothing to do with it, and he was actually already out of bounds at that point. 

I am wearing all black today because I am in mourning lol 

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

Doesn't sound like you do lol 

Everyone keeps saying this and I really don't get it. He tore his ACL before he took the hit. The hit had absolutely nothing to do with it, and he was actually already out of bounds at that point. 

I am wearing all black today because I am in mourning lol 

I pretty much stated the two aren't correlated in my statement; reading comprehension might help there. My point was that regardless of the injury, that was still a stupid hit for any QB to take to gain 1 measly yard.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

While I tend to agree, it depends on the offer? I'm not suggesting Nate Sudfeld can recreate what Foles did last post season but TBH, he looks the part from all reports out of OTA's/TC/Practices.

Mobile, strong arm, intelligent,  can run the offense without limitations. It might not be as big a drop off between the two as most might think. If they are offered anything remotely close to a high 2nd or better, Howie might make that deal. Just saying.

Why would SF do that? We don't have a SB roster. We were going to be a borderline playoff team this year at best. No need to give up high draft capital for Foles when there is no chance this team wins a SB. Now we need to use that high draft capital on a premiere pass rusher and a secondary player. 

My original post J that started any possibility of Foles.

RG3 will be a 49er by tomorrow.

Shanahan likes QB's who can actually make more then one read. Id say Nick Foles but I don't know if SF is in contention mode/belief like Minnesota was with Bradford. So I doubt it.

Sucks!!!!

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

Re: jimmy g that's a fair point, but considering many consider him a sure thing already, the 49ers need some high end draft talent to push them over. Particularly at edge, where they don't have any notable players right now. And this is a very good draft class for it.

Archived