Officially Jimmy Garoppolo has a torn ACL

49erurtaza

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Very frustrating. All I wanted this year was to watch Jimmy play, and progress. The season just started, and now it's back to watching the entire team look like poo on a stick.They're gunning for the number one pick now. Hope they get it. 

I respect Jimmy for going for the extra yard, but he has to know he’s the face so he can’t risk taking hits.

3 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Philly would be dumb getting rid of Foles a week after they get Wentz back. If he has a set back/re-injury or gets another injury and misses a period of time, I don't think Sudfeld leads them to where they'd go with Foles. Backup QB's who can go in and win are valuable and a rare commodity. 

While I tend to agree, it depends on the offer? I'm not suggesting Nate Sudfeld can recreate what Foles did last post season but TBH, he looks the part from all reports out of OTA's/TC/Practices.

Mobile, strong arm, intelligent,  can run the offense without limitations. It might not be as big a drop off between the two as most might think. If they are offered anything remotely close to a high 2nd or better, Howie might make that deal. Just saying.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

While I tend to agree, it depends on the offer? I'm not suggesting Nate Sudfeld can recreate what Foles did last post season but TBH, he looks the part from all reports out of OTA's/TC/Practices.

Mobile, strong arm, intelligent,  can run the offense without limitations. It might not be as big a drop off between the two as most might think. If they are offered anything remotely close to a high 2nd or better, Howie might make that deal. Just saying.

Heck, I'd do that deal.

I just don't see the 49ers pulling a Vikings/Bradford type of deal and give up a 1st or 2nd rounder for a rent a QB. I think everyone there knows that they probably weren't a deep playoff team like a Minnesota was looking like in 2016. 

I'm just saying the Eagles shouldn't be giving up Foles for a 4th and a 7th or whatever. Obviously if they're blown away with a 1st or 2nd, they NEED to pull the trigger. I just don't think 9ers are in a position to feel the need to go all in.

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Very frustrating. All I wanted this year was to watch Jimmy play, and progress. The season just started, and now it's back to watching the entire team look like poo on a stick.They're gunning for the number one pick now. Hope they get it. 

The question is...will the 49ers FINALLY use a 1st-rd pick on the defensive line in the 2019 draft? Tired of these slackers ignoring the d-line. 

Every HC in the league needs to sit down with their QB, show them this film, and have a discussion. Unless it's 4th down late in the 4th quarter of an elimination game, don't cut back in bounds for an extra yard. Saying he deserved it would be too harsh but it's just such a dumb thing to do. Now they go from being a playoff contender to probably having a top 5 pick.

8 hours ago, FinSting said:

The question is...will the 49ers FINALLY use a 1st-rd pick on the defensive line in the 2019 draft? Tired of these slackers ignoring the d-line. 

Actually if we get the #1 pick you better believe we go DL again LOL. The real question is do we go interior DL for the 100000th consecutive time or finally go edge pass rusher??

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why would SF do that? We don't have a SB roster. We were going to be a borderline playoff team this year at best. No need to give up high draft capital for Foles when there is no chance this team wins a SB. Now we need to use that high draft capital on a premiere pass rusher and a secondary player. 

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Every HC in the league needs to sit down with their QB, show them this film, and have a discussion. Unless it's 4th down late in the 4th quarter of an elimination game, don't cut back in bounds for an extra yard. Saying he deserved it would be too harsh but it's just such a dumb thing to do. Now they go from being a playoff contender to probably having a top 5 pick.

Yup. Stupid decision by Jimmy. Now he has an entire year to think it over.

Archived