Le'Veon Bell to the Bucs?

bucsfan333

I asked about this on our forum as it appears the bucs could improve their RB situations, and well, be know bell isn't here yet with us, and probably won't be.  I am interested in knowing what the bucs faith here thinks the team would offer?

What is your cap space like right now and next season?

9 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

What is your cap space like right now and next season?

We'd have to free up ~$7M in cap space just to afford him for this season. Next year we can cut/trade guys like DJax and Gholston to free up a nice chunk of cap.

We've also got MLB Kwon Alexander, G Ali Marpet, and OT Donovan Smith to extend. 

It would be a tough swing. I wouldn't offer more than a third just because of the money he's gonna demand. We'd likely lose someone like Kwon. But we'd also likely get a third round comp pick for him.

I would only give up a 3rd, so there is a chance I would get outbid.  The Gurley contract is a basic frame work, you 're going to have to do better.  Can they afford him over the next couple of years even with Winston on the roster and other guys coming up for extensions. IMO,  it can be done. 

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The way our run blocking has looked and the way we run no matter the defense, I don't think it would matter if we had Bell back there or brought Dougie back.

First, I think it is highly unlikely the Bucs make the trade.  However, it s more then just running the ball.  Unless Wilson really develops quickly, they have nobody on the roster that can  split out and get a match up advantage.  Eventually teams are going to stop blitzing them and make them run the ball.  

Bell does have some leverage where he goes.  He can't be traded until he signs the tender.  A lot of moving parts besides teams agreeing to compensation have to be sorted out.

Not every time has 14.5 million in cap space right now. We’d have to force Pittsburgh to take on someone to make the cap work Bc all salaries are guaranteed right now for this year. 

That being said. I don’t see Licht giving a RB 6 years of tread on the tires , two suspensions, and an acl injury 45 million guaranteed. 

Plus our locker room chemistry seems to be good. Why hurt it? 

If I’m looking for a RB on the market, Spencer ware from KC if the physical works out

What is he a top five maybe top ten at worst O talent in the league. He just turned 26 years old. Five year deal takes his to 30. Cap is long term is not an issue but this is a good example of my comments in the who's the starting Qb thread about building a team. Do you spend $15 a year on a top end talent at RB and another $10 on a top end online or do you spend $25,000,000 a year into Winston long term. While it is not the norm Fitz is making $3.3 this season. The Hawks were balling while Wilson was playing under his rookie contract. The Rams are paying Goff peanuts. KC is paying PM peanuts. Both of our starters are not making much. Not saying we should pull the trigger but why not swing for the fences? Tons of cap will he coming off the books next few seasons.

22 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

What is he a top five maybe top ten at worst O talent in the league. He just turned 26 years old. Five year deal takes his to 30. Cap is long term is not an issue but this is a good example of my comments in the who's the starting Qb thread about building a team. Do you spend $15 a year on a top end talent at RB and another $10 on a top end online or do you spend $25,000,000 a year into Winston long term. While it is not the norm Fitz is making $3.3 this season. The Hawks were balling while Wilson was playing under his rookie contract. The Rams are paying Goff peanuts. KC is paying PM peanuts. Both of our starters are not making much. Not saying we should pull the trigger but why not swing for the fences? Tons of cap will he coming off the books next few seasons.

You see 26 years old. GMs see a ton of usage. With RBs it’s not age it’s mileage and injury history that’s why so few get big contracts. 

He wants 45 million guaranteed. That’s 3 years of 15 million per. Will he be a stud that much longer? That’s the risk. 

Archived