What happened to the Saints defense?

Elky

Saints defense is always bad.  It just flukes out occasionally and has a decent year.  Some players were overperforming last year, and a long stretch of games against horrid QBs helped their stats.  But in crunch time, it reverted to it's old ways and gave up a 60 yard miracle TD with like 4 seconds left of a playoff game.  

It has also played two games against all world offenses, and those two teams are capable of scoring on anybody.  

Sometimes a defense doesn't get better. Sometimes an offense finds a way to stay on the field longer and as a result the defense has less time to look bad because they are playing desperate offenses in a deficit with not much time so they take higher risk plays. 

Cowboys had this happen in recent years

7 minutes ago, Elky said:

This seems to happen a lot to this franchise: go through a spell of poor defensive play, have one surprising season, then it disappoints the following season and restarts the cycle.

Lattimore has the slump most people saw coming. He’s not playing bad but you can’t expect a player that young to keep up that level of performance. Teams are targeting across from him a lot and our other DBs can’t hang over there. 

Our Dline looked like they were feelin themselves a little too much and weren’t ready to be physical. Front 7 was great today and looks like they’ve got it together now but our secondary still sucks outside our 2 second year players there 

35 minutes ago, Dome said:

Lattimore has the slump most people saw coming. He’s not playing bad but you can’t expect a player that young to keep up that level of performance. Teams are targeting across from him a lot and our other DBs can’t hang over there. 

Our Dline looked like they were feelin themselves a little too much and weren’t ready to be physical. Front 7 was great today and looks like they’ve got it together now but our secondary still sucks outside our 2 second year players there 

I thought Ken Crawley was killing it last year? Hasn't kept it up?

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Has he stepped up since Mike Evans embarrassed him?

Mike Evans is a coward and you should be embarrassed to have any pride like that for a guy on your team :D

but yeah, Lattimore is playing a lot better after week 1

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I thought Ken Crawley was killing it last year? Hasn't kept it up?

Not at all. He’s a HUGE liability on the deep ball. Seems OK other than that, but it’s pretty clear teams know how to beat him while avoiding Lattimore 

11 minutes ago, Dome said:

Mike Evans is a coward and you should be embarrassed to have any pride like that for a guy on your team :D

but yeah, Lattimore is playing a lot better after week 1

I'll take 150 yards, a TD, and this beauty

fRZMv6gIJDCN4HTkuuYwV_-McMDN0oxfrkWqeMuV

all day. You can call him whatever you want. ?

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'll take 150 yards, a TD, and this beauty

fRZMv6gIJDCN4HTkuuYwV_-McMDN0oxfrkWqeMuV

all day. You can call him whatever you want. ?

How soon you forgot his dominant 6 catches for 68 yards performance against Lattimore last year...Oh wait did I say performance, I meant performances as he only totaled 6 catches for 68 yards in both games combined last year against Lattimore. 

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

How soon you forgot his dominant 6 catches for 68 yards performance against Lattimore last year...Oh wait did I say performance, I meant performances as he only totaled 6 catches for 68 yards in both games combined last year against Lattimore. 

Oh. Last year? Who cares.

And if you wanna use last years stats, that's 13 catches for over 200 yards in three games. ?

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Oh. Last year? Who cares.

And if you wanna use last years stats, that's 13 catches for over 200 yards in three games. ?

He also held Evans to 0 catches for 0 yards when the coward got suspended for a game. Lattimore didn’t even have to play to shut that fool down for a week ;)

gotta take that into account buccy!!!!! YOU GOTSTA

Archived