The curious case of Amari Cooper

RaidersAreOne

I am worried about Gruden being the guy to rebuild us, but his last draft was not bad as of now. Miller looked solid before being hampered by injuries. Hall has shown flashes. Parker doesn't look very good. Key and Hurst look very solid and potential building blocks. So on and so forth.

This draft has produced more already than most of Reggie's drafts haha.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I am worried about Gruden being the guy to rebuild us, but his last draft was not bad as of now. Miller looked solid before being hampered by injuries. Hall has shown flashes. Parker doesn't look very good. Key and Hurst look very solid and potential building blocks. So on and so forth.

Agreed and Parker is still young. He wasn't even supposed to play this year. He's a height length tackle project, who needs at least a year, but could pay dividends, especially in a league with poor OL play. I won't really count him as good or bad. We knew what he was. 

I'm hopeful Nick Nelson with get some PT and show out. By all coverage metrics, he was fantastic in college and he has the frame I like for corners (not too tall, but stout 5-11, 200).

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

All I've seen from this draft is that 2 guys (key and Hurst) who slid in the draft looks solid. If "flashes" meant anything, the Raiders would have 7 championships in the last 15 years. 

27 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Also let's try to keep this thread about Amari Cooper, guys. I've been going on tangents as well, my bad.

So does anyone else think these rumors about Coop not caring about football seem like a scape-goating smear job that Gruden has been doing essentially since he arrived?

Yeah I do.  Coop isn't without fault.  At this point he's a guy.  He has talent, but he's also used to being the number one  target.  At Alabama, arguably his first couple years here even aside Crabtree.  Now, he's typically the third or fourth option.  And struggling.  

That said, no one will ever convince me Gruden isn't trying to get rid of every single pick Reggie had made.  Some deserve to be gone.  Some didn't.  Or shouldn't.  

We definitely need a new OL coach new special teams squad and LBers safetys ect. I’m in the wait and see approach to the Gruden build. But it is definitely looking like this so far ?. Derek might be broken. It’s going to be rough. I want Cable gone ASAP the guy is a disease to OL

I want us to keep Cooper but he shares the same agent as Mack so the price might be scary as hell but the void of his absence will show if we can’t find anyone in the draft or FA. “ come to our 2-14 team free agents trust us” will not attract good free agents to our team unless we pay way over price. So I think keeping Cooper should be a goal.

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

So does anyone else think these rumors about Coop not caring about football seem like a scape-goating smear job that Gruden has been doing essentially since he arrived?

Why smear him while trying to trade him would be my concern. There is something off with Cooper and it likely has a lot to do with his targets and what's happening on the field. A change of scenery may be what's best to jump start him. 

We can't forget, he's been inconsistent even when finding success. Disappeared in a lot of games and doesn't catch a lot of TDs. I don't know what to make of that. Is it a Cooper problem (not loving the game, etc). or an offense problem. Say what you will, but Carr's never really jived with him the way he used to Crabtree and now Cook,

6 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

I want us to keep Cooper but he shares the same agent as Mack so the price might be scary as hell but the void of his absence will show if we can’t find anyone in the draft or FA. “ come to our 2-14 team free agents trust us” will not attract good free agents to our team unless we pay way over price. So I think keeping Cooper should be a goal.

The agent thing has nothing to do with anything. Mack was/is the best defensive player in football and his agent was right to get him paid. Cooper can't boast the same accolades.

FA are attracted by money, so I'm not worried about signing them.

45 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The agent thing has nothing to do with anything. Mack was/is the best defensive player in football and his agent was right to get him paid. Cooper can't boast the same accolades.

FA are attracted by money, so I'm not worried about signing them.

I don't want to get in the same position as we did before.  Overpaying for JAGs.  That literally nullifies the reason we traded Mack.

There is plenty of film out there breakin down cooper being open and carr missing him. Cooper is a weapon and most talented player we have period. Does He drop passes ? Yes, but still needs to be targeted. 

It's not like cooper gets 7 targets 1 reception. He got 2 targets the game before last and had 2 catches for 30 one called back on a hold. Oline has been bad this year after further review.

13 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Also let's try to keep this thread about Amari Cooper, guys. I've been going on tangents as well, my bad.

Evan Silva is reporting that thats what theyre hearing in the building.

Archived