The curious case of Amari Cooper

RaidersAreOne

I will always put my Raiders first except this situation.  I can not wait for Cooper to get to a team that will get him the ball.  He has handled himself as a professional and has not once done anything detrimental to the team (except drop a few passes).  He deserves better and I can not wait for him to prove what he can do as long as it is not for the Patriots.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I will always put my Raiders first except this situation.  I can not wait for Cooper to get to a team that will get him the ball.  He has handled himself as a professional and has not once done anything detrimental to the team (except drop a few passes).  He deserves better and I can not wait for him to prove what he can do as long as it is not for the Patriots or AFCW*

FIFY

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I will always put my Raiders first except this situation.  I can not wait for Cooper to get to a team that will get him the ball.  He has handled himself as a professional and has not once done anything detrimental to the team (except drop a few passes).  He deserves better and I can not wait for him to prove what he can do as long as it is not for the Patriots.

I think we should resign him. Unless the Gruden project is a disaster. His presence alone creates situations for the qb. We can’t afford the gap. If he leaves we wish we were 06’ bed n breakfast. We would be pop Warner 

10 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

I think we should resign him. Unless the Gruden project is a disaster. His presence alone creates situations for the qb. We can’t afford the gap. If he leaves we wish we were 06’ bed n breakfast. We would be pop Warner 

Absolutely not.  Resigning Cooper would not be a good move at all.  He is going to command at least 15 a year, has shown zero consistency and now his love for the game has been questioned.  Why would you want to pay money to a player who has not produced on the field? 

Here come the excuses, the hype and victimization of the great, HOF WR known by the name of Amari Cooper.  I know there is a great conspiracy to hold back his talent.  It's been a theme with every coach and OC this team has had.  They're all in on it and their only goal in life is to not get "their best player" the ball on Sunday.  I am so sick of homers victimizing Cooper it's not funny.  Has it ever occurred to anyone that there is no conspiracy and that Cooper might not be the world beater that TV talking heads have jammed down our throats for years.     

Just as much as everyone think's he'll end up in NE and be a world beater odds are he ends up traded to a team like Buffalo, Miami or the Jets where his career is at best average.

Frankie has been waiting four long years for this day, marking off the calendar day by day, staring at the clocks watching every second pass, cheering during every Amari drop.

Finally,

”I told you so.”

He can now resume his life. 

I wonder if Kevin White is available?

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Frankie has been waiting four long years for this day, marking off the calendar day by day, staring at the clocks watching every second pass, cheering during every Amari drop.

Finally,

”I told you so.”

He can now resume his life. 

I wonder if Kevin White is available?

Haha keep living in Cooper fantasy land.  I've been saying all of this about Cooper from day 1 and have never wavered.  Where have you been?   

I'm am still waiting for the homers to tell me I am right not just keep victimizing the great Coop. 

Why do you mention Kevin White?  Never wanted him nor could I care lees about another top 10 WR bust who posed terrible value.  I wanted Williams and that is a fact.  

Sounds like you're a bit salty Bayraider.  Another disappointing Fantasy season with the great Cooper as your number 1 WR?  

15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha keep living in Cooper fantasy land.  I've been saying all of this about Cooper from day 1 and have never wavered.  Where have you been?   

I'm am still waiting for the homers to tell me I am right not just keep victimizing the great Coop. 

Why do you mention Kevin White?  Never wanted him nor could I care lees about another top 10 WR bust who posed terrible value.  I wanted Williams and that is a fact.  

Sounds like you're a bit salty Bayraider.  Another disappointing Fantasy season with the great Cooper as your number 1 WR?  

No, I actually don’t want to pay Cooper and get rid of him also. Wasn’t taking a shot out of you, just being humourus. And I could of sworn you were all over Kevin White but it was such a long time ago I don’t remember. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No, I actually don’t want to pay Cooper and get rid of him also. Wasn’t taking a shot out of you, just being humourus. And I could of sworn you were all over Kevin White but it was such a long time ago I don’t remember. 

Well I never wanted White or any WR in the top 10 unless they possess Green, Julio, Tron like physical attributes, skills and commitment to be dominant.  

I wanted Williams and was very disappointed when we passed over him.  What's done is done and here we are back as the laughing stock of the league :(.  

48 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Absolutely not.  Resigning Cooper would not be a good move at all.  He is going to command at least 15 a year, has shown zero consistency and now his love for the game has been questioned.  Why would you want to pay money to a player who has not produced on the field? 

Here come the excuses, the hype and victimization of the great, HOF WR known by the name of Amari Cooper.  I know there is a great conspiracy to hold back his talent.  It's been a theme with every coach and OC this team has had.  They're all in on it and their only goal in life is to not get "their best player" the ball on Sunday.  I am so sick of homers victimizing Cooper it's not funny.  Has it ever occurred to anyone that there is no conspiracy and that Cooper might not be the world beater that TV talking heads have jammed down our throats for years.     

Just as much as everyone think's he'll end up in NE and be a world beater odds are he ends up traded to a team like Buffalo, Miami or the Jets where his career is at best average.

Lol! I ment at the right price. I definitely do not think he lived up to his draft spot. His hands are stone at times but he is a good number 2. If he asks a lot which he probably does and is. Gruden is going to ship him this year

9 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

I just hope we have a plan. We need to resign bluntman and draft some potential. Maybe K’Neal????

Unfortunately this team has taken multiple steps backwards this year.  We are trending towards the Ol' Al Davis days.  A team with an egomaniac leading the charge and a HC/GM (and I mean Gruden not RM as GM bc we all know he is calling the shots) with a questionable eye for talent.

The team is dysfunctional, players are giving up and once again no FA players will want to come here to play only to get annihilated every Sunday.  I thought we had turned the corner with RM and were starting to attract FA's without having to overpay.  Sure RM has some bad draft picks but what GM doesn't?  He also landed us Carr and Mack which was 2 young leaders on either side of the ball. 

That is no longer the case...  It is going to be a long road to respectability and with Loyd Christmas as our owner combined with the hiring of our idiot HC who makes funny faces, talks a big game on TV yet gets embarrassed and out coached every Sunday.  

3 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

To be fair Lloyd might have made better decisions. Like keeping the team in California 

I like the Vegas move regardless. Oakland is trash, and I don't want the team in SoCal. Vegas is an untapped market. And this may sound ridiculous, and I really don't care, but Vegas controls the sports world and we'll get some benefits out of this.

Archived