The curious case of Amari Cooper

RaidersAreOne

On 10/14/2018 at 11:50 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who has he really gotten rid of (besides mack, where there was obvious compensation) where you say, "damn that guy is a really good player and we let him walk FOR FREE).

I think we gave reggie a pass for bad drafts. We simply aren't getting contributions out of young guys. Conley will get his chance soon, as will Nick Nelson, but "gruden's" rookies are the best we've had in years.

Reports are Conley is available for trade to. But you right. He ain't just giving up all reggie players. What was I thinking. Clearly cooper and Conley sucks. 

My stance on Cooper is that I am frustrated we never used him properly and after 3.5 years we have no clue what his ceiling is.  If he is going to get $15 plus similar to Watkins and Cooks then I am all for getting something for him if we were not will to pay Mack.  Also a trade similar to what was given for Cooks is close to what we should expect also.  Cooper and a mid round pick for a first and late round pick.  This puts a value of 18-20th range for Cooper's value if we trade with Dallas.  The second frustrating part is that Cooper is going to another QB that might not be that good at getting him the ball.  I will not be happy trading Cooper but if we get 1st round value I will not be that angry.  I would rather see Cable and Carr leave first but since he is a QB Carr will get more chances to prove himself.

39 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Reports are Conley is available for trade to. But you right. He ain't just giving up all reggie players. What was I thinking. Clearly cooper and Conley sucks. 

If we get rid of Conley after only a few games played, he is not even half way through his rookie deal, and he has flashed major potential in the small sample, then somebody needs to sit Gruden down.  I can handle a difference of opinion when it comes to what is the right decision for the team, Mack $ Cooper inconsistent Carr shell-shocked, but what has Conley done other than being drafted by McKenzie.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If we get rid of Conley after only a few games played, he is not even half way through his rookie deal, and he has flashed major potential in the small sample, then somebody needs to sit Gruden down.  I can handle a difference of opinion when it comes to what is the right decision for the team, Mack $ Cooper inconsistent Carr shell-shocked, but what has Conley done other than being drafted by McKenzie.

He has been hurt most of his career

Hayden was also playing in the wrong scheme for most of his career.  His injuries played a role in his development or lack there of but not playing in a zone scheme where he could keep the play in front of him hurt more.  He probably could have done a good job playing safety since hi biggest problem was getting his head around to play the ball instead of grabbing the WR.

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

SARCASM.jpg?1333732413

Looks like the team official font....

OMG it all makes sense! We're gonna be the Vegas Sarcastics. We're just gonna pretend to be a football organization but it's actually a joke

Archived