Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

The curious case of Amari Cooper

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Geez why so hostile @Frankie2Gunz ?

I just like calling trash players trash.  They never do it on TV bc everyone is so PC these days, so why not come on FF and allow the truth to be told?  

I'm also pretty frustrated and sick of the way the Raiders are managed and ran.  All I wan't is to ran like the Pat's and not some 2 bit franchise, which is sadly what they have been for the last 15 years. They made bad draft picks, sign bad players and are now once again rebuilding.  I just wish they could put it all together and contend.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I never said I wanted to cut Carr.  I said that if he does not correct some of his problems by the end of next year I would consider it.  Go back and reread what I have said.  No I would not have traded for Foles for a first at any point.  I would give up a first for a QB I thought would be my starter.  Therefore to get a first they would have to beat out Carr which I do not believe Foles can.  I would have given up a 5th for him to be my back up though.  Would you or would you not take Fitzpatrick's play over Carr's so far this year?

On a stat sheet sure no doubt he's put up better numbers but by any other metric I wouldn't.  Carr is flat out a way better QB than Fitz could ever imagine but Fitz is riding a hot streak, it happens but it certanly doesn't make him a better QB or question if I would ever want a career backup that's 35 to step in for Carr. 

Stats can be misleading because he is Fitztrash is playing with better WR's (Evans, DJ and Godwin) a better TE in Howard and a better D to back him up.  Carr's surrounding cast is terrible, our D is atrocious, our RT play has been beyond horrible and don't get me fired up about our WR's :) .   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gruden:

Quote

two weeks ago Gruden expressed that Carr wasn’t aggressive enough against the Rams after he missed an open Amari Cooper downfield multiple times.

“You look at the film, we had him wide open deep,” Gruden said after the season opener. “We didn’t go there. He was open a couple of times and for whatever reason we didn’t go that route.”

Cooper's fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

On a stat sheet sure no doubt he's put up better numbers but by any other metric I wouldn't.  Carr is flat out a way better QB than Fitz could ever imagine but Fitz is riding a hot streak, it happens but it certanly doesn't make him a better QB or question if I would ever want a career backup that's 35 to step in for Carr. 

Stats can be misleading because he is Fitztrash is playing with better WR's (Evans, DJ and Godwin) a better TE in Howard and a better D to back him up.  Carr's surrounding cast is terrible, our D is atrocious, our RT play has been beyond horrible and don't get me fired up about our WR's :) .   

Now take the bold Fitz and change the name to Gannon.  

 This is what our career journeyman backup QB did when he was 35.  The next year he won the league MVP. 

2001 OAK 16 361 549 65.8 3,828 6.97 27 9 49 9 95.5

 

You think maybe you can take a minute and let this information sink in.  Not saying Fitz is Gannon but just there are some similarities that make me think this guy might be putting it all together this year.  If nothing else it would be a great story for the NFL and a distraction from all of the other BS going on.

2018 TB 3 3 78 111 70.3 1,230 11.1 11 4 124.8

 

With our team in shambles I would like something to feel good about when it comes to the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way in the 7th circle of hell is Fitz even close to Gannon. The stat box warrior doesn’t do justice if you watch the games. If Gruden was even remotely thinking about the QB change crappy time always injured and staring at his nose while he looks at you always injured and the richest failure from OU.  Sam Bradford has Gruden written all over him. It’s not going to happen. None of it. Carr is the QB

Edited by Gannon12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Now take the bold Fitz and change the name to Gannon.  

 This is what our career journeyman backup QB did when he was 35.  The next year he won the league MVP. 

2001 OAK 16 361 549 65.8 3,828 6.97 27 9 49 9 95.5

 

You think maybe you can take a minute and let this information sink in.  Not saying Fitz is Gannon but just there are some similarities that make me think this guy might be putting it all together this year.  If nothing else it would be a great story for the NFL and a distraction from all of the other BS going on.

2018 TB 3 3 78 111 70.3 1,230 11.1 11 4 124.8

 

With our team in shambles I would like something to feel good about when it comes to the NFL.

You lost me with Fitztrash and the hint of him ever smelling anything close to an MVP.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Geez why so hostile @Frankie2Gunz ?

BECAUSE THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE..AND WE LET THEN OFF THE HOOK!! 

We suck..and I should be use to it..but I’m just like Antonio Brown..I hate losing...I mean let some of us posters on the field..and we do just as good..Frankie Gunz at RB, big palooka at LT, DAT Raider at WR. The poster who loved Rey mualuga years back at LB..silver and black in the slot.. (just naming posters I remember) sorry if I missed anyone who should be starting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You lost me with Fitztrash and the hint of him ever smelling anything close to an MVP.  

1) It was just a comparison because up until now and up until Gannon joined the Raiders, who had great talent on O, many of the same things were said about Gannon that you are saying about Fitz.  2) Never said Fitz and and MVP together.   Just compared this year of Fitz with the year prior to Gannon winning the MVP.  3)  When Fitz has talent around him he plays well.  Look at 2015 when the Jets had some talent.  4) Do I believe he is better than Carr? NO.  Will he have a better season than Carr this year?  Looks that way.  Has he outplayed Carr the first 3 games?  Even a HOMER could not say no and keep a straight face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TheMadStork said:

BECAUSE THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE..AND WE LET THEN OFF THE HOOK!! 

We suck..and I should be use to it..but I’m just like Antonio Brown..I hate losing...I mean let some of us posters on the field..and we do just as good..Frankie Gunz at RB, big palooka at LT, DAT Raider at WR. The poster who loved Rey mualuga years back at LB..silver and black in the slot.. (just naming posters I remember) sorry if I missed anyone who should be starting...

Pretty sure I could punt better than Townsend when I was in high school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

1) It was just a comparison because up until now and up until Gannon joined the Raiders, who had great talent on O, many of the same things were said about Gannon that you are saying about Fitz.  2) Never said Fitz and and MVP together.   Just compared this year of Fitz with the year prior to Gannon winning the MVP.  3)  When Fitz has talent around him he plays well.  Look at 2015 when the Jets had some talent.  4) Do I believe he is better than Carr? NO.  Will he have a better season than Carr this year?  Looks that way.  Has he outplayed Carr the first 3 games?  Even a HOMER could not say no and keep a straight face.

Fitztrash has more talent around him than Carr, that is a given but your comparison to Gannon are laughable.  Fitz has had multiple seasons where he was the starter and preformed at an average level, so average that the teams that he played for let him walk via free agency. 

I am not sure what your point is here because Carr is our Qb and your boy Fitz is in Tampa and will never be in Oakland unless he is holding a clipboard behind Carr.  I can assure there is not 1 GM in the NFL who would take Fitz over Carr to lead their team... Not 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Fitztrash has more talent around him than Carr, that is a given but your comparison to Gannon are laughable.  Fitz has had multiple seasons where he was the starter and preformed at an average level, so average that the teams that he played for let him walk via free agency. 

I am not sure what your point is here because Carr is our Qb and your boy Fitz is in Tampa and will never be in Oakland unless he is holding a clipboard behind Carr.  I can assure there is not 1 GM in the NFL who would take Fitz over Carr to lead their team... Not 1. 

You are right.  Fitzpatrick sucks and Carr is the best.  Thank you so much for opening my eyes to this fact.  College would have been so much easier if all my professors could explain themselves as well as you.  In fact I am going to go back and re-watch all of Tampa Bay's and Oakland's games with this new found knowledge and teach my eyes how to watch the game so that I see the same thing you do.  Thank you once again.  Fitz is trash, Cooper is garbage, and Carr is the greatest.  Have a good day sir.  I am off to watch 6 football games today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitz has done this before in both Buff and NYJ. It got him paid but after his great season he would have a down season. Don’t get caught up in the moment with fitz, he’ll come back to earth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Fitz has done this before in both Buff and NYJ. It got him paid but after his great season he would have a down season. Don’t get caught up in the moment with fitz, he’ll come back to earth. 

Fitz is just a decent back up journey man. No one gave Gannon a real chance till he got to Oakland 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, Redskins fan here. I was wondering what Amari's trade value would be at this point? Would a 2nd or 3rd and a player get it done? I would assume he would seek a contract similar to the one Watkins just got since both of them have similar production over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  



×