The curious case of Amari Cooper

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Then why do you keep saying he will quit within 5 years? He will see it through and get paid massive bucks or get fired and get massive bucks. But he is not getting fired until way later. Gruden is not walking away from $10M/year.

No one said he’d quit. Mark has shown he’d fire coaches still on a contract. JDR has given an extension the year before he got fired. 

4 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

No one said he’d quit. Mark has shown he’d fire coaches still on a contract. JDR has given an extension the year before he got fired. 

He got his nostalgic love boy back he isn’t firing him. He has elway type conditions 

32 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

He got his nostalgic love boy back he isn’t firing him. He has elway type conditions 

What we need right now is a GM with strong will that is good and willing to tell Gruden to focus on developing the talent he is going to get him.  

9 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Then why do you keep saying he will quit within 5 years? He will see it through and get paid massive bucks or get fired and get massive bucks. But he is not getting fired until way later. Gruden is not walking away from $10M/year.

He's got more money than he can spend right now. His ego can't take years of mediocrity and eventually he will loose the players like he did in Tampa. 

This was never a 10 year deal unless he wanted it to be. He will resign and go back to the booth and making commercials.

I'm done with Cooper and ready to move on.  Sucks that we ended up using such a top pick on a "can't miss" WR.  I imagine he thinks he's going to get a top market FA deal, let some other team sink that kind of money into him.  He is not a #1 wr and will offer extremely poor value as a #2.

Frankie if your reading this, you were right. Myself and and many others were wrong about Cooper.  

I want a top DE this year in the draft, but wondering if AJ Brown is going to be in consideration (if somehow he was there with our 2nd 1st rounder, I'd be all over it).  

8 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Actually thats exactly what BP is saying...

JDR was one thing but Gruden's contract is all-time high. Davis is not going to pay Gruden $100M not to coach.

You guys do understand that coaching contracts are guaranteed right?

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's got more money than he can spend right now. His ego can't take years of mediocrity and eventually he will loose the players like he did in Tampa. 

This was never a 10 year deal unless he wanted it to be. He will resign and go back to the booth and making commercials.

Last page you said it's all about the money, now 12 hours later it's all about the ego. Which is it?

He isn't quitting. He will get fired and paid and move onto those things you mentioned or he will see the contract out.

35 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Last page you said it's all about the money, now 12 hours later it's all about the ego. Which is it?

He isn't quitting. He will get fired and paid and move onto those things you mentioned or he will see the contract out.

I'm saying he signed for the money. His ego and reputation cannot take 4-5 years of losing football. I predict he will resign and go back to the booth when things as things start to unravel around him. So any money he gives up resigning, he get back in commentary and advertising. 

2 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I'm done with Cooper and ready to move on.  Sucks that we ended up using such a top pick on a "can't miss" WR.  I imagine he thinks he's going to get a top market FA deal, let some other team sink that kind of money into him.  He is not a #1 wr and will offer extremely poor value as a #2.

Frankie if your reading this, you were right. Myself and and many others were wrong about Cooper.  

I want a top DE this year in the draft, but wondering if AJ Brown is going to be in consideration (if somehow he was there with our 2nd 1st rounder, I'd be all over it).  

You're done with Cooper because Carr won't throw him the ball? Pretty easy to see Cooper is a terrific WR 1 when you involve him in the offense. If he had a QB who could get him the ball right now, he'd be 1200+ yd 8 TD guy,

People are really still complaining about Cooper? Not enough evidence that Carr has not paid enough attention to him? Rams and dolphins games there are clear, impactful examples. 2 games he took over when Carr gave him the light of day. 

He is a beast and will elevate his game/stats/impact when we inevitably lose him. I truly believe we lose this young star in a similar way that we lost Mack, can only hope we get compensated.

If I told you at the beginning of the season Carr would throw for over 5,000 yards, with 3 -  1,000 yard receivers would you have thought I was crazy? Touchdowns are what is stopping this from being a positive or lack thereof.

Current projections

Carr - 5,056

Cooper - 896

Nelson - 1,014

Cook - 1,248

Throw in Lynch for the heck of it - 1,059

1 hour ago, true2form said:

If I told you at the beginning of the season Carr would throw for over 5,000 yards, with 3 -  1,000 yard receivers would you have thought I was crazy? Touchdowns are what is stopping this from being a positive or lack thereof.

Current projections

Carr - 5,056

Cooper - 896

Nelson - 1,014

Cook - 1,248

Throw in Lynch for the heck of it - 1,059

What’s dumb is coop having less than 1000. He should be putting up 1200-1500

Archived