The curious case of Amari Cooper

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Part of me will be livid if we trade Coop before the season ends. But we don't even deserve him. His hands are suspect at times but he would be absolutely crushing it on teams that made an effort to get him the ball. No way in hell would I re-sign with Oakland if I'm him either way. 

It is sad that we are back to wondering why our favorite players would want to resign with us.  Looks like I need to get use to dusting off my Mel Kiper Jr. wig before November again.

24 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It is sad that we are back to wondering why our favorite players would want to resign with us.  Looks like I need to get use to dusting off my Mel Kiper Jr. wig before November again.

I'm not even sad anymore. I'm angry. I didn't watch the beginning of the game today since I was really tired. I checked the score when I got up and opted to not even turn it on. Its tough to watch. But the thing to remember is that we're in year 1. Gruden is going to take a crack at building everything basically from the ground up. So far I'm not impressed but its hard to get things going in only one offseason. Still, I can't say I'm a fan of a lot of his choices. Especially demolishing things so much. Like, I think we did need to break down and build back up, but I disagree with how things ended up. And I often wonder if he'll be able to turn things around even if given 5 years.  We'll see, I guess. 

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I'm not even sad anymore. I'm angry. I didn't watch the beginning of the game today since I was really tired. I checked the score when I got up and opted to not even turn it on. Its tough to watch. But the thing to remember is that we're in year 1. Gruden is going to take a crack at building everything basically from the ground up. So far I'm not impressed but its hard to get things going in only one offseason. Still, I can't say I'm a fan of a lot of his choices. Especially demolishing things so much. Like, I think we did need to break down and build back up, but I disagree with how things ended up. And I often wonder if he'll be able to turn things around even if given 5 years.  We'll see, I guess. 

I was able to watch the 2nd quarter. Couldn't take anymore after that.

This team didnt need a rebuild. It had foundational pieces and just needed to continue building. This is all Chucky on a power trip and it makes me sick.

Offense is very talented but oline has shown to be a little soft over last two years outside of hudson. We get no run game going and carr has been having to throw within 2 secs. 

Defense is good of real talent upfront and in the middle. CBS aren't too bad but that's about it. Trading a hof end sets us further back

11 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Let me add to this that most of the guys are still on NFL rosters getting playing time to. 

Ehhh that was always going to happen. Our defensive coaching was trash. Ward needed a change of scenery. We were not going to pay Autry or Carrie what they wanted. We needed to move on from Crab imo. Can't really think of anyone else except Marquette King and the bad backup QBs.

12 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Ehhh that was always going to happen. Our defensive coaching was trash. Ward needed a change of scenery. We were not going to pay Autry or Carrie what they wanted. We needed to move on from Crab imo. Can't really think of anyone else except Marquette King and the bad backup QBs.

Edwards

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

No one gets open without Cooper drawing coverage. Look at today. Our longest pass play was his only catch in the first quarter called back. He's only 24. Trading him would be comically bad.

Trading mack was bad. Gruden don't care. 

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Trading mack was bad. Gruden don't care. 

This is another idiotic argument. Mack wouldn't sign anything other than 24 million per year with massive cash guaranteed. They didn't want to allocate that kind of salary to him. We got 2 1st rounders back, which is at least something, and we can fill hole with than 24 million next year on a loaded defensive market. 

You're saying gruden just want to tank the team and he'll just trade Cooper for **** and giggles? This is almost as bad as the raiders fans on facebook saying bench Carr for Mccaron.

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Who has he really gotten rid of (besides mack, where there was obvious compensation) where you say, "damn that guy is a really good player and we let him walk FOR FREE).

I think we gave reggie a pass for bad drafts. We simply aren't getting contributions out of young guys. Conley will get his chance soon, as will Nick Nelson, but "gruden's" rookies are the best we've had in years.

I honestly might get more mad about trading Cooper than Mack based on the fact the return for Cooper will be low. At least Mack netted us some firsts, Cooper would likely only get a 3rd at most. I don't think I could ever forgive Gruden if he came in and shipped out Mack AND Cooper.

Archived