The curious case of Amari Cooper

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Packer fans want Cooper for Cobb and a 2nd. I'd literally do that in a heartbeat. I think Cobb is similar to Cooper, although no where near as much potential. And a 2nd for Cooper would be a steal. 2nd Round is usually loaded with solid WRs.

Sorry but this is insane

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is another idiotic argument. Mack wouldn't sign anything other than 24 million per year with massive cash guaranteed. They didn't want to allocate that kind of salary to him. We got 2 1st rounders back, which is at least something, and we can fill hole with than 24 million next year on a loaded defensive market. 

You're saying gruden just want to tank the team and he'll just trade Cooper for **** and giggles? This is almost as bad as the raiders fans on facebook saying bench Carr for Mccaron.

Lol. You are funny. When I say he don't care. I mean he don't care about outside perception of if people think it's bad or not. And he would be trading cooper for same reason he traded mack. Don't want to pay cooper asking price and cooper is not going to show up to camp on his 5th year option. So all the ranting you doing doesn't make sense. 

And let me touch on your hyperbole of the best rookie class 5 games into their career nonsense you spewing. 

Miller 3 good games

Hurst 3 good games. 

Key 2 good games. 

Nelson nothing

Pj   nothing 

Townsend trash

Bryant for a 3rd, wasteful

Best draft class ever pshhhh. Pump the brakes a bit. 

48 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Lol. You are funny. When I say he don't care. I mean he don't care about outside perception of if people think it's bad or not. And he would be trading cooper for same reason he traded mack. Don't want to pay cooper asking price and cooper is not going to show up to camp on his 5th year option. So all the ranting you doing doesn't make sense. 

And let me touch on your hyperbole of the best rookie class 5 games into their career nonsense you spewing. 

Miller 3 good games

Hurst 3 good games. 

Key 2 good games. 

Nelson nothing

Pj   nothing 

Townsend trash

Bryant for a 3rd, wasteful

Best draft class ever pshhhh. Pump the brakes a bit. 

It’s not hyperbole to say they’re our best class in years. 2015-17 had tons of busts who didn’t even get playing time. It was straight up awful. Key, Miller (when not playing with a hurt knee, which obviously is crippling him), Hurst, Hall (has actually gotten some pressure and batted passes in a short time), have all showed up to some degree. Nick nelson has been rehabbing injuries so we have no idea, and Parker has looked like a rookie, but even based on having 4 rookies performing modestly is a vast improvement over years past.

Best draft class ever? What a comical strawman, I said nothing close to that. And hall has played fine so far. "Nothing" is pretty harsh. He clearly is physically talented and is flashing at a position that is very hard to play for a rookie.

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It’s not hyperbole to say they’re our best class in years. 2015-17 had tons of busts who didn’t even get playing time. It was straight up awful. Key, Miller (when not playing with a hurt knee, which obviously is crippling him), Hurst, Hall (has actually gotten some pressure and batted passes in a short time), have all showed up to some degree. Nick nelson has been rehabbing injuries so we have no idea, and Parker has looked like a rookie, but even based on having 4 rookies performing modestly is a vast improvement over years past.

Best draft class ever? What a comical strawman, I said nothing close to that. And hall has played fine so far. "Nothing" is pretty harsh. He clearly is physically talented and is flashing at a position that is very hard to play for a rookie.

I would like to see Gruden and Guenther play some of RM's picks before I say it is a better draft.  Ward is even having a comparable year to Hurst stat wise.  Conley was playing better than any of them and then gets pulled for some unknown reason.  I guess for Gruden you have to be 30 to start in the secondary.

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

At this same time in 2015 that class looked better.  Plus 2014, just 4 years ago, is easily better.  We have no idea about 2017’s class because Gruden refuses to play any of them

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Calling it now. Cooper will be traded to the Jets. I'd say for a 2nd round pick, but that's to optimistic with the "GM" on this team, so likely a 3rd. Hey.... if you can get Bryant for a 3rd right? 

The worst was seeing how much less the Pats gave up for Gordon...ugh

If we trade a 3rd for Bryant and then Cooper for a 3rd I agree that it will be quite baffling and Gruden doesn't understand value, and ive been defending him lately and fully agree the roster needs a 100% blowup. Everyone gone except Conley, Osemele, Hudson, Rookie Class, and maybe Carr if he balls out. 

Bryant does not = Cooper, obviously.

However I will agree we should shop Cooper. I don’t like paying WRs unless they really show a lot. If we can get Cooper on a Crabtree type deal, cool. Not gonna happen though, Cooper will def command more money than that and he hasn’t proven he is worth Top 10 WR type money. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

If we can get Cooper on a Crabtree type deal, cool. Not gonna happen though, Cooper will def command more money than that and he hasn’t proven he is worth Top 10 WR type money. 

You're exactly right, it won't happen. Cooper will be looking for something similar to Sammy Watkins. There's no reason to pay him that much if he isn't more consistent.

27 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd still be pissed tbh even though that's more than what we could actually get. If we trade him, he is going to be a perennial probowler for the next 8 years.

So what do you suggest we do? Pay a WE Top 5 WR money who is extremely inconsistent just to keep him?

Archived