Taysom Hill

Dome

Im wondering how many more wrinkles Payton has planned for him. You know the man is probably losing sleep at night scheming up plays for Hill.

Can he catch? I wanna see him in the slot. Or put him and Brees both at QB in the backfield? 

So many ideas, I’m sure we’ll see plenty this season 

So tempted to make a troll thread in NFL gen “would a team of Taysom Hills win more SBs than Brady/Belichick?” Lmaooooo

Real talk though, can this guy catch? Like Payton has surely though of that, right? I’m excited to see what else Payton has up his sleeve for this guy.

He’s already a matchup nightmare and you have to account for him when he comes in, but they’ll catch on to the option real quick.

If he starts throwing or catching passes I might go nuts. Very excited for the guy and hope the gimmicks keep evolving and don’t go stale.

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

So tempted to make a troll thread in NFL gen “would a team of Taysom Hills win more SBs than Brady/Belichick?” Lmaooooo

Real talk though, can this guy catch? Like Payton has surely though of that, right? I’m excited to see what else Payton has up his sleeve for this guy.

He’s already a matchup nightmare and you have to account for him when he comes in, but they’ll catch on to the option real quick.

If he starts throwing or catching passes I might go nuts. Very excited for the guy and hope the gimmicks keep evolving and don’t go stale.

I'd line him up at RB and slot just to see.  If he's catching and returning kicks, he should be able to catch a Drew Brees noodle toss.  

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'd line him up at RB and slot just to see.  If he's catching and returning kicks, he should be able to catch a Drew Brees noodle toss.  

Methinks Payton is saving a lot.

The defense has to account for his size/speed regardless of where he lines up 

After the first TD PJ gave up to Ridley, I told my brother "next practice, they need to get Hill working on his back pedal and start putting him in on Nickel packages". I mean why not? The dude is a legit athlete. I would not put it past him to have some of the skills needed to at least keep up with a receiver.

On offense, they need to keep doing what they are doing. Occasional gadget option play, put him in at WR here or there. But honestly, I want to see him keep it on an option and throw. It's the one thing he hasn't done yet. And if he can do that, he is the perfect weapon in this offense. We are finally seeing why Payton has been drooling over him for so long. Also, FYI, my and my brother have dubbed him White Lightning. For obvious reasons :D

A few times now they've split Brees out wide left, and he just stands there, but he draws a CB. 
I'm waiting for them to do that, have the CB or S get soft, and Brees trot into the endzone and receive a TD from Hill. 

How much fun would it be if Brees caught his 2nd ever TD pass from his potential successor, and if it were Hill's first TD pass in the NFL (regular season)!

14 hours ago, Dome said:

Im wondering how many more wrinkles Payton has planned for him. You know the man is probably losing sleep at night scheming up plays for Hill.

I'm just gonna believe that this means a couple things. B|

Archived