Craig Hoffman’s Three & out: Redskins-Packers post game quick hits

turtle28

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Alexander, Stroman and Holsey are late round talent guys. I’m not saying they may not develop into something good in a few years, but let’s be honest. If you lose a pro bowl caliber corner, you had better bring in another talented player to at least compete for the starting position opposite Dunny, with Moreau.

I don’t know enough about Alexander, Holsey (and if he’ll ever be the same again) or Stroman to say they can be the nickel corner.

Heck, most in this forum didn’t trust that Moreau could come in and be the #3 corner after we traded Fuller decided not to keep Breeland, you were one of those I believe. Also, in several posts you’ve stated how we’d be lost without Norman in our defensive backfield.

And now you’re telling me to have faith in a supplemental 6th round pick and two 7th round picks to fill that spot?

Man, make up your mind.

It had nothing to do with not trusting Moreau and moreso to do with not wanting to get rid of Fuller. Having faith in our young corners has more to do with Gray and the talent level of the front 7 as opposed to needing top tier talent. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

It had nothing to do with not trusting Moreau and moreso to do with not wanting to get rid of Fuller. Having faith in our young corners has more to do with Gray and the talent level of the front 7 as opposed to needing top tier talent. 

Haha, now it does, but it didn’t 6 months ago. 

No one wanted to lose Fuller, but even after he was gone most of the forum did not have great faith in Dunny or Moreau that they could replace Breeland and Fuller.

You can’t just flip flop your position now because we haven’t missed Fuller so far and Fuller is struggling as a #1 corner in KC so far.

I do have faith in Gray. The point still remains that if you lose a pro bowl caliber corner, you should replace that talent with another player in the first 3 rounds of the next draft. I’m not saying they would have to take a corner in round 1, but I think they should definitely take one on day 2 if they don’t take one in round 1.

Also, for all we know Holsey will never play again depending on how bad his toe injury is. If that one report is correct and his toe was severed, then that could be career ending.

Archived