GDT Week 4 - Bills (1-2) @ Packers (1-1-1)

MNPackfan32

Player Of The Game  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Player Of The Game

• Josh Allen
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • G-Mo
    • Aaron Jones (If Mac uses him)
    • Tae Adams
    • Shady McCoy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 04:25 AM

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

im just saying i wouldnt mind it.

lets roll the dice and see if we can get away with beating a crappy team and give rodgers a week to rehab.

are they actually crappy though? or have they played roughly 6 quarters of bad football like the packers have? because when you look at it without the homer glasses on... you could statistically make that comparison as crazy as it sounds

Just now, driftwood said:

are they actually crappy though? or have they played roughly 6 quarters of bad football like the packers have? because when you look at it without the homer glasses on... you could statistically make that comparison as crazy as it sounds

you are probably right.

the bills would most likely destroy Kizer.

good chance that they even beat us with rodgers.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

good chance that they even beat us with rodgers.

unfortunately, with todays packer team (right this moment)... that's probably an argument that is fair to make.

I sure as hell dont know what packers team is gonna show up this weekend (i dont even know if i have an educated idea of how good this packers team is capable of being right now with or without Rodgers)... but im not 100% convinced its one that can win at home against this current Bills team & thats pretty worrisome even for early season

11 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

It did, he got beat a couple times which seemed like coming in cold. The kid needs to play and that will help him. With that said the other poster was worried about AR. Well get rid of the ball or tuck and take the sack. Is what it is, lots of pocket passers out there so AR has to adjust if he's as good as advertised it should be fine.

AR has to get rid of the ball quicker.   We need quick dump-offs and slants.

13 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I wish he (& I feel a lot of this falls on MM as well) had a way to toggle this mode of playing with urgency/efficiency (like he did the 2nd half of the bears game)... its clear they are capable of operating that brand of football. why cant they find a way to do it more consistently? this offense certainly doesnt lack talent regardless of how iffy the OL depth is. they have some nice weapons including its most talented TE group since Finley... arguably the deepest they have been at RB since Grant/Starks & still have a legit #1 with Adams & some above average pieces behind him with Allison & Cobb. yet here we are still taking an entire first half to find a rhythm with a HOF QB thats been in this same system for over a decade

i dont get it... & im sick of seeing 'we'll they are a notoriously slow starting team'... that shouldn't be an acceptable excuse anymore imo

Often times the defense is playing a bit more straight up early in the game, whereas they play softer to defend the deeper pass later in the game when they are ahead.

That doesn't account for everything, but there does have to be a better early 10-15 plays in the game plan.

18 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Never happen. Many people have been wishing for that playstyle for at least 3 or more seasons, but it won't happen with a MM/AR combo leading the team. I think we all, me included, need to come to terms that no matter what happens, or who is injured, or what defense GB faces, they will roll out the exact same offense year after year after year with zero adjustments ever.

At this point those two are like politicians, claiming they're doing things differently while everyone knows it's still the same.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Hard to do that for 2 reasons: (1) no team is scared of us beating them deep due to our lack of top-end speed at WR and (2) Rodgers can't move, which means brings pressure and press the receivers so he can't do exactly what you're suggesting. 

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Often times the defense is playing a bit more straight up early in the game, whereas they play softer to defend the deeper pass later in the game when they are ahead.

That doesn't account for everything, but there does have to be a better early 10-15 plays in the game plan.

What's a game plan? Asking for my friend Mike. 

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Never happen. Many people have been wishing for that playstyle for at least 3 or more seasons, but it won't happen with a MM/AR combo leading the team. I think we all, me included, need to come to terms that no matter what happens, or who is injured, or what defense GB faces, they will roll out the exact same offense year after year after year with zero adjustments ever.

At this point those two are like politicians, claiming they're doing things differently while everyone knows it's still the same.

I watched them have a different approach once. Matt Flynn was the QB. Being semi sarcastic but we did. When we have zero backs with favre we looked different as hell too. I'm not trying to go all Out post but more needs to land with Rodgers than it does. He's going to play his way and that's fine, when it works. When it doesn't, Mike is stupid. (not really directed at your post btw)

Archived