GDT Week 4 - Bills (1-2) @ Packers (1-1-1)

MNPackfan32

Player Of The Game  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Player Of The Game

• Josh Allen
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • G-Mo
    • Aaron Jones (If Mac uses him)
    • Tae Adams
    • Shady McCoy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 04:25 AM

50 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Why is our offense bad?  Starting to remind me of 2015 where they are doing enough to compete but it's a struggle the whole way and ugly.

Dropped balls, penalties, zero imagination, predictable formations, no explosiveness, no rhythm, boring

1 hour ago, Stevein2012 said:

Why is our offense bad?  Starting to remind me of 2015 where they are doing enough to compete but it's a struggle the whole way and ugly.

They aren't really 'bad'. They aren't as good as they will be, however. They key cog is still hobbled, so it is likely not going to be firing on all cylinders.

Drops and bad penalties have taken a large chunk of points and yards off the board too. They'll come around, they aren't too far away right now.

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They aren't really 'bad'. They aren't as good as they will be, however. They key cog is still hobbled, so it is likely not going to be firing on all cylinders.

Drops and bad penalties have taken a large chunk of points and yards off the board too. They'll come around, they aren't too far away right now.

I think drops are the worst of it, stalled so many drives this season.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers looked fine to me.  Better than 90% legs wise.  Accuracy wise and decision wise he was meh.  That Allison drop though... wow that was a nice throw.

@BILLievers so that makes 3 halves in a row now for the Bills without a point, but I have a feeling you have a posting streak equally pointless.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think the offense has really been firing on all cylinders for 4 years now outside of a 7 game stretch in the 2nd half of 2016.  It's hard to tell what the deal is but it sure aint what it used to be.  Hopefully they can have a turnaround like they did that season as far as efficiency but is Rodgers getting healthier really all it's going to take for that to happen?

1 hour ago, Stevein2012 said:

I don't think the offense has really been firing on all cylinders for 4 years now outside of a 7 game stretch in the 2nd half of 2016.  It's hard to tell what the deal is but it sure aint what it used to be.  Hopefully they can have a turnaround like they did that season as far as efficiency but is Rodgers getting healthier really all it's going to take for that to happen?

This is very true. GB hasn't done a good job of replacing the weapons they've lost over the last few years. I think it's mostly due to always having to draft defense with the early picks.

On 9/30/2018 at 6:44 PM, cannondale said:

Dropped balls, penalties, zero imagination, predictable formations, no explosiveness, no rhythm, boring

Question -
Were the dropped balls the result (or consequence) of zero imagination, predictable formations, no explosiveness or rhythm?
It would seem basis their very definition - dropped balls - the plays overcame all these obstacles and delivered footballs to the WRs - where they were dropped.

Penalties happen.
Boring play? In the eye of the beholder.

Execution. IMO outside the second half of the CHI game - we've not consistently executed.

43 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

You forgot antiquated receiver routes.

I'm not even kidding, what are predictable formations? I guess I should ask him. I assume he means you know when we're going to run or pass because of it?

I actually do gripe we don't change then around enough sometimes though. Even if it's the same concept, but I'm hardly a genius there.

2 hours ago, Norm said:

I'm not even kidding, what are predictable formations? I guess I should ask him. I assume he means you know when we're going to run or pass because of it?

I actually do gripe we don't change then around enough sometimes though. Even if it's the same concept, but I'm hardly a genius there.

Everytime we line up #12 always gets the ball first. Defense are starting to key on the fact that he gets the snap.

Lol I have no idea what a predictable formation is. There's legal formations anything else is a penalty. You're going to have 7 or 8 on the LOS every snap. You're only running 10, 11, 12 or 13 personnel with the way the roster works. Your alignment as a WR is determined by your route. Not like you can just line up wherever you want to be new and fresh. I guess the flexibility comes at TE, but I think we've moved Graham all over. I don't get it. McCarthy haters are going to find their reasons. We're boring because we don't run the Rams offense, that's really the gist of it.

42 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Everytime we line up #12 always gets the ball first. Defense are starting to key on the fact that he gets the snap.

Lol I have no idea what a predictable formation is. There's legal formations anything else is a penalty. You're going to have 7 or 8 on the LOS every snap. You're only running 10, 11, 12 or 13 personnel with the way the roster works. Your alignment as a WR is determined by your route. Not like you can just line up wherever you want to be new and fresh. I guess the flexibility comes at TE, but I think we've moved Graham all over. I don't get it. McCarthy haters are going to find their reasons. We're boring because we don't run the Rams offense, that's really the gist of it.

We need to motion the tackles it wide more. Or run that Colts trick play. 

Archived