GDT Week 4 - Bills (1-2) @ Packers (1-1-1)

MNPackfan32

Player Of The Game  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Player Of The Game

• Josh Allen
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • G-Mo
    • Aaron Jones (If Mac uses him)
    • Tae Adams
    • Shady McCoy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 04:25 AM

This is a game that's going to tell me a lot about this season.  I said it before, but this is going to be a huge indicator of what kind of defense we're going to have later in the season.  With Capers, we were a confidence booster for rookie quarterbacks.  Capers didn't confuse them, he didn't scare them.  If our defense has a good game against Allen, I'll have faith that we'll be a good defense late in the year, or at least good enough to have a shot at postseason success.  Our run defense is already good enough to win it all, and it becomes easier to defend against the pass later in the year (especially in colder weather, and especially considering our rookies will have a lot more experience). 

If Allen does something like 300, 3 and 1, I'll have little faith in our chances this year.  If he does something like under 200 yards, multiple sacks, 1 TD, I'll have a lot of faith in an upward swing for our defense. 

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This is a game that's going to tell me a lot about this season.  I said it before, but this is going to be a huge indicator of what kind of defense we're going to have later in the season.  With Capers, we were a confidence booster for rookie quarterbacks.  Capers didn't confuse them, he didn't scare them.  If our defense has a good game against Allen, I'll have faith that we'll be a good defense late in the year, or at least good enough to have a shot at postseason success.  Our run defense is already good enough to win it all, and it becomes easier to defend against the pass later in the year (especially in colder weather, and especially considering our rookies will have a lot more experience). 

If Allen does something like 300, 3 and 1, I'll have little faith in our chances this year.  If he does something like under 200 yards, multiple sacks, 1 TD, I'll have a lot of faith in an upward swing for our defense. 

Agreed - we also need to contain Allen.  Dude is very mobile and likes to hurdle people.  We'll face other mobile QB's in the season, so if we can contain Allen, that will be another indicator of how our defense is progressing.

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just want to win. I'm not confident enough in our team yet to dictate terms on how I want to win. I'll take a one-point victory over the lowly Bills at home.

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Word is they tried to *grab Brian Price from the Browns' PS to replace Wilk, but the Browns offered him more money and he stayed. 

So the Browns raised his salary to effectively pay him the same as the 53rd man on an NFL roster. I guess he feels that is a more stable situation for him, because if we added him to the 53, we are only guaranteeing him 3 games and game checks before we can cut him. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Brian-Price-nearly-poached-by-Cowboys-Packers-Browns-raise-his-salary-122552226/

Archived