Defending the Linc

RandyMossIsBoss

Buckle up and get your gloves on for this circle jerk, cause I'm boutta drop some straight up jort tearing stats on all of you.

Image result for jim schwartz gif

• 8-1 at the Linc since week 8 of 2017* (8-0 when starters aren't benched)
  • We've allowed and forced the following, including where that ranks among other active 9 game home stretches:
    • 10.8 PPG (1st)
    • 255.7 YPG (1st)
    • 16 takeaways
    • 33 of 122 on 3rd down (27%)
    • 3 of 13 on 4th down (23.8%)
    • 4 TDs on 21 red zone trips (19%)
    • 9 TDs allowed on 108 drives (8.3%)
      • only 3 allowed in the 2nd half
        • only 1 allowed in 2nd half with our starters on the field

*why week 8 of 2017? Why 9 games? That seems arbitrary... well it is. If you include the first 3 home games from 2017, numbers aren't as pretty (granted still among league best). So let's just say the defense didn't truly wake up until week 8 of 2017.

10.9 PPG!? 255.7 YPG!? To put that in perspective how good of defense that represents, the 2000 Ravens, arguably the greatest defense of the modern era, allowed 10.3 PPG and 247.9 YPG.

We've got the Vikings and Panthers, two good offenses, coming to town next month. These are 2 good tests, and hopefully our boys continue to defend the Linc as vigorously as they have been,

-TRIGGER WARNING-

After all that, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how we've been away from the Linc. Let's go with 9 games as well, brace yourselves...

• 25.7 PPG (bad)
  • 382.7 YPG (bad)
  • 1 Super Bowl (good)

7 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

So, you're saying we need to lock up HFA like last year to repeat...

I mean, it certainly is all the more motivation to get home field, but the D hasn't been as bad away from home as those numbers suggest. It's still a perplexing difference, 14 more PPG, over 100 more YPG. You can chalk up a good amount of it it standard HFA and the MUCH stronger offenses we've had to play away from home

• Bucs (w/ Fitzmagic)
  • Patriots
  • Giants
  • Rams
  • Seahawks
  • Cowboys
  • Panthers
  • Chargers
  • Chiefs

VS

• Colts
  • Falcons
  • Vikings
  • Falcons
  • Cowboys
  • Raiders
  • Bears
  • Broncos
  • 49ers

but none of that explains shutting down the Falcons and Vikings in back to back weeks, then allowing a record 600+ yards in the SB. Or holding the Raiders and Cowboys at home to under 600 yards combined after letting the Giants carve you up for 500 yards on the road.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Does this mean we'll be good away from the Linc now?

To be fair, 16 points and several RZ stops to a team that hung 30+ on the Rams and had 10 days rest isn't all that bad.

POSITIVITY LIKE THIS IS WHAT WE NEED

Archived