Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

He put up 1600 yards and 18 TDs in a RBBC. How could that ever be considered a disappointment? Some of the Saints fans in here are on one end of the spectrum and you're way on the other. You're both equally as foolish.

i already said how, read through my post if theres confusion. some said he would establish himself as best in the league,  instead hes likely out of the top 3 and maybe as low as 5. this is with leaving bell out completly. kinda disappointing if you expect him to be the best.

there, although i already explained why earlier, now you dont have reread.

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i already said how, read through my post if theres confusion. some said he would establish himself as best in the league,  instead hes likely out of the top 3 and maybe as low as 5. this is with leaving bell out completly. kinda disappointing if you expect him to be the best.

there, although i already explained why earlier, now you dont have reread.

Most people expected this season out of him.

21 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Most people expected this season out of him.

whats the point to replying to something you (apparently) barely skimmed? i was specifically talking about those he said kamara would be the best this year. i said that 3 different times, astonished it needed to be posted a 4th time.

6 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

They're more interested in stupid hot takes and pissing contests than actual intelligence and decency.

It's embarrassing really.

Yup - you'd have to go back to page 16 for a semi decent take. Those who are posting in a serious manner in this thread have shown their true colors, and I can't (and don't) trust their views on anything else.

I'm only posting here to amuse myself now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Yup - you'd have to go back to page 16 for a semi decent take. Those who are posting in a serious manner in this thread have shown their true colors, and I can't (and don't) trust their views on anything else.

I'm only posting here to amuse myself now. 

I mean we are all essentially MMQB's. Posting on the forum for amusement seems to be the point ;)

• Like 1

Just chill guys. I think this thread is going back the other way too much. Kamara is a fantastic back. In my personal top 5. He was an absolute steal in the 2nd round.

I laughed at my friend who's a 49ers fan when they traded the kamara pick for a future 2nd. I told him Kamara was more than worth the pick. 

That being said, I don't think he's the best back in the league. But that doesn't take away from him as a player. I don't see what the arguing is about. He's elite in space and is super fun to watch. But he doesn't have the body of work to be considered the best. But I don't think it's for lack of talent. I think barkley is in his own tier. Kamara for me is behind zeke and gurley and johnson factors in there somewhere as well.

This thread is pretty pointless. Lets appreciate the player and move on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Might as well add another interesting Kamara stat through each of his first 2 seasons:

This is a pretty meaningless statistic if he's splitting carries. It's like saying RBI's or Run's is a good metric to value a batter's worth in baseball.

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

This is a pretty meaningless statistic if he's splitting carries. It's like saying RBI's or Run's is a good metric to value a batter's worth in baseball.

To each their own. Splitting carries to me is a fairly meaningless rebuttal as Kamara was asked to consistently run in all different down/distances not just favorable situations.

• 2 months later...

Read an interesting article today regarding how NFL coaches view Kamara among the top RB's in the NFL. This topic has been going on for some time now, but it is interesting to see a different perspective from NFL coaches in regards to Kamara. Some interesting quotes from the article:

"So I asked a few coaches who faced the Saints whether they feared Thomas or Kamara more, and the answer, unequivocally, was Kamara. He is regarded, almost unanimously, as the most dangerous running back in football right now. Coaches rave about Kamara’s speed and “contact balance”—his ability to not just break tackles, but to do so without getting knocked off his track—and they especially laud his receiving. Great as Le’Veon Bell is in the passing game, most coaches say Kamara is the only tailback who can truly run the ENTIRE route tree from anywhere on the field."

"Another said that even when Kamara is not catching the ball, he still aids New Orleans’s passing game because defenses must center their coverage around where he aligns. Look at Michael Thomas’s 72-yard touchdown in Week 9 against the Rams (remember the cell-phone celebration?)—cornerback Marcus Peters got burned on that play in part because of confusion regarding L.A.’s double-team plan for Kamara (who, in empty sets, almost always aligns on the weak side with Thomas)."

ps. Sorry ET :)

• Like 1