Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

14 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Even if Kamara is literally breaking every attempted tackle behind the LOS, how much of a difference do you honestly think it makes?  Maybe the Saint fall from 13th to 18th?  That's still a negligible difference, again not enough to say Kamara dreams for the kind of blocking McCaffrey gets.  It isn't like C-Mac isn't making people miss behind the LOS either.

Have you seen the Saints play this season? Again, watch Kamara play and tell me he could have been better than what he’s done. 

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Have you seen the Saints play this season? Again, watch Kamara play and tell me he could have been better than what he’s done. 

What are you talking about?  When did I suggest there was anything wrong with Kamara's performance or that he could be doing better?  I know how good AK41 is.

All I'm saying is that stating Kamara could only dream of the Panthers run blocking is a gross exaggeration of our OL.  That isn't me even saying Kamara hasn't had a worse OL this year, just that the Panthers isn't that much better to be making those kind of statements.

27 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

What are you talking about?  When did I suggest there was anything wrong with Kamara's performance or that he could be doing better?  I know how good AK41 is.

All I'm saying is that stating Kamara could only dream of the Panthers run blocking is a gross exaggeration of our OL.  That isn't me even saying Kamara hasn't had a worse OL this year, just that the Panthers isn't that much better to be making those kind of statements.

The inside blocking if the Saints has been very poor this season. They are lucky to have Kamara breaking tackles like he’s playing Madden on easy...otherwise, they’d certainly be a bottom 5 group this season. Kamara has made them look like an average group by averaging a half broken tackle every play. The Panthers OL may not be great but it has unquestionably been better at run blocking than the Saints. Again...watch the game...it’s not hard to see. That’s not taking anything away from CMac. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

They don’t want to wear Kamara down...exactly. The rate that CMac is being used makes for great fantasy points but it’s not sustainable. He’s going to be used up in no time. 

Freeman still better than Kamara? Lol. You are a box score statistician. I don’t blame you...I wouldn’t watch football either if I had to watch the joke that the Falcons are every week. The fact that you are even on this forum making a half-assed effort is pretty impressive if you ask me. 

you are on sensitive sally. the second something doesnt get your way you just go to the ole reliable tantrum. Im not going to even ask you to show me where i said freeman was better because its a flat out lie. Nor do the falcons have anything to do with this. But why think like a respectable, mature adult when you can attempt crappy insults because you cant think of anything else better. 

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I think its pretty clear that Kamara IS in the conversation.... its just for being the 3rd best back in the league.

@tyler735 and I have gone at it in the past, and I wish this thread would die more than anything, but there’s no way he isn’t in the conversation for being the best. He’s truly special.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

@tyler735 and I have gone at it in the past, and I wish this thread would die more than anything, but there’s no way he isn’t in the conversation for being the best. He’s truly special.

i mean, whats the argument for him? Hes clearly behind cmc in production and hes clearly behind barkley in skill. Whether you want to say its not all about either production (or not all about skill) hes still beat. Both guys are clearly skilled and have produced. I mean, ill admit if/when there a good argument (for now its basically become "but the broken tackles!) but I just dont see one. Please enlighten me.

• Like 2

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

i mean, whats the argument for him? Hes clearly behind cmc in production and hes clearly behind barkley in skill. Whether you want to say its not all about either production (or not all about skill) hes still beat. Both guys are clearly skilled and have produced. I mean, ill admit if/when there a good argument (for now its basically become "but the broken tackles!) but I just dont see one. Please enlighten me.

I think it's a combination of production and talent. All you have to do is watch him play.

And I don't understand why everything has to be so objectively, numerically ranked. They're all spectacular. We're just splitting hairs at this point.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I think it's a combination of production and talent. All you have to do is watch him play.

And I don't understand why everything has to be so objectively, numerically ranked. They're all spectacular. We're just splitting hairs at this point.

thats why i said both mccaffrey and barkley are both talented and have produced. Like are you arguing that Mccaffrey isnt talented, or that barkley hasnt produced? 

I know it would be great to sit in a circle, just hug and say everyones perfect but life just doesnt work that way. If there no real argument for kamara, then he isnt in the conversation for being the best. 

PS... I know what youre doing ET, stop giving me likes. 

Edited by GSUeagles14