Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

Sounds be a great game this Sunday. The Saints are playoff the Bucs who have this far shut down: Gurley, CMac, and Barkley. 

rush att / rush yards / YPC / rush TD, recs / rec yards / rec TD

Breida (doesn’t belong in the argument): 15/33/2.5/0, 0 receptions 

CMac: 16/37/2.3/0, 2/16/0

Barkley (left early with injury): 8/10/1.3/0, 4/27/0 

Gurley: 5/16/3.2/2, 7/54/0

9 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Sounds be a great game this Sunday. The Saints are playoff the Bucs who have this far shut down: Gurley, CMac, and Barkley. 

Should be a great test for Kamara who has already had to face several quality defenses to start the year playing against the Texans, Rams, Seahawks, and Cowboys.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Damn Bucs run defense getting down like that?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Raves said:

Yes.  What is the reasoning to locking it?  Because you disagree with the premise of the thread?  This thread doesn't break any rules on the forum.  

Nope. Because it's become played out and meandering. Kamara's great. However, the substance of the OP was hashed out some time ago. If this was about a different running back, you'd likely see my point. And it doesn't have to break forum rules to be closed. 

Enjoy your thread. 

• Like 1

I’ve never seen mods close a thread just because someone was tired of it lmao.

what a strange stance to take. 

If you don’t like the thread, don’t open it. There’s plenty of football discussion happening 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Nope. Because it's become played out and meandering. Kamara's great. However, the substance of the OP was hashed out some time ago. If this was about a different running back, you'd likely see my point. And it doesn't have to break forum rules to be closed. 

Enjoy your thread. 

This thread will probably go enough that it’ll at one point be true. It ain’t going nowhere

8 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I think even Rams fans are starting show concern with Goff's performances as of late. His last 15-20 games have been wildly inconsistent, but I'm not going to delve into that any further in this thread, but would gladly debate this in the appropriate "Is Goff good thread".

Not sure why you brought up Goff but... 

1) accolades are important 

2) Goff has accolades 

3) Goff isn't good 

The lack of consistency in your arguments is hilarious. I am done debating anyone on FF on Goff that legitimately doesn't think he's good. It just turns into "here's his stats since the Chiefs game and McVay makes all his audibles" 

12 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

That's just because he was hurt though. Kupps numbers pre injury were great and they are great post injury. There's not more than 10 WRs right now playing better. It's funny that with Goff people feel the need to post last 12 games to make a point but with Kupp it only matters what you do in one season. Kupps last 12 game stats would rival anyone. 

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Not sure why you brought up Goff but... 

1) accolades are important 

2) Goff has accolades 

3) Goff isn't good 

The lack of consistency in your arguments is hilarious. I am done debating anyone on FF on Goff that legitimately doesn't think he's good. It just turns into "here's his stats since the Chiefs game and McVay makes all his audibles" 

You're not sure why I brought up Goff? I had no intention to, but you literally did unprovoked in your previous response to me.

Lack of consistency in my arguments? If we are being honest if you could look at Goff through an unbiased viewpoint maybe it wouldn't be so "hilarious" to you given that it's largely true and there is little that I've said about him you could counter as being untrue. Please be my guest, bring some posts that I've made about him and tag me in the appropriate Goff thread I'd love to have this debate with you...

There is only one player in NFL history with more yards from scrimmage in the first 5 games of a season - Jim Brown, with 988.

We can debate who the best overall RB is.  Answer is probably Barkley.

But best RB this season?  Kamara ain't in the conversation.  Zeke ain't in the conversation.  It's Christian McCaffrey.  Nobody else belongs in the convo.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

But best RB this season?  Kamara ain't in the conversation.  Zeke ain't in the conversation.  It's Christian McCaffrey.  Nobody else belongs in the convo.

I'll take it a step further: This season, Christian McCaffrey is the best non-QB in football. There is no RB, OL, WR, TE or defensive player that is impacting games the way McCaffrey is.

The only two players you can consider ahead of McCaffrey would be Pat Mahomes and Russell Wilson.

That's it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

There is only one player in NFL history with more yards from scrimmage in the first 5 games of a season - Jim Brown, with 988.

We can debate who the best overall RB is.  Answer is probably Barkley.

good points. McCaffrey is a beast.