Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

On 10/11/2019 at 6:25 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Im guna go out on a limb and say cmc is overrated; he might get hurt 

I said that about Mahomes earlier this year and look what happened. 

Football players are the most overrated players in the NFL.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think this thread can be absolutely locked at this point. Kamara has been mediocre at best this year, unfortunately for my fantasy team.

The thread could be locked shortly after it was open.

But mediocre at best isn't fair, considering how bad this oline has played now multiple times this year.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Nick Chubb needs a fair look, if Freddie Kitchens wasn't so hesitant to run the damn ball, he would be leading the NFL in rushing fairly easily

I mean, he's averaging about 19 carries per game. This notion that Freddie doesn't use Chubb is just not true. Sure, I'd love for Chubb to get even more involved, but he gets plenty of touches. He's 7th in the league among RBs in rushing attempts this season.

But yes, Chubb is at worst a top five back at this point, IMO.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I mean, he's averaging about 19 carries per game. This notion that Freddie doesn't use Chubb is just not true. Sure, I'd love for Chubb to get even more involved, but he gets plenty of touches. He's 7th in the league among RBs in rushing attempts this season.

But yes, Chubb is at worst a top five back at this point, IMO.

yes it is, look at his second half carries vs his first half carries, when was the last time we salted a game away with a solid run game? Outside of Baltimore, none, you just everyone who watches the game know Freddie is pass happy and refuses to let the guy eat. The first sign of adversity Freddie abandons the gameplan and wings it with Baker, and you know this. Just imagine where he would be yardage wise if he averaged 25 carries? or 30 touches, Heck, we may even have one or two more wins. And I'm not saying he is #1 but he needs to be talked about way more, he is a horse

Edited by MSURacerDT55

On 11/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, Danger said:

I think this thread can be absolutely locked at this point. Kamara has been mediocre at best this year, unfortunately for my fantasy team.

Locking this thread would be a travesty.  This "Change my Mind" type setting has brought about a lot of great discussion on running backs that is often missed in a thread with the title of "Who is the best RB" as people will look at it, several will make a list, it'll be debated for maybe 2-3 pages, and then die a quiet death as there is no real debate or discussion happening.  Plus the memes from this thread are awesome.

I mean in this thread we've had Gurley and Bell being touted as the best with Zeke tossed in there, some Barkley talk, McCaffery leading the way for awhile, now Cook and even Chubb is getting some love.  Having someone that is close enough to be argued as the best but not going to get a consensus we are having great discussions on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Locking this thread would be a travesty.  This "Change my Mind" type setting has brought about a lot of great discussion on running backs that is often missed in a thread with the title of "Who is the best RB" as people will look at it, several will make a list, it'll be debated for maybe 2-3 pages, and then die a quiet death as there is no real debate or discussion happening.  Plus the memes from this thread are awesome.

I mean in this thread we've had Gurley and Bell being touted as the best with Zeke tossed in there, some Barkley talk, McCaffery leading the way for awhile, now Cook and even Chubb is getting some love.  Having someone that is close enough to be argued as the best but not going to get a consensus we are having great discussions on it.

but kamara isnt close enough to be argued to being the best. Maybe a title change is in order, something like Kamara IS NOT the best RB... but who is?

3 hours ago, Raves said:

This is a good point and now has me wondering if we should have a WR thread like this and call it something along the lines of: Is Michael Thomas the best Wide Receiver in the NFL?

11 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

How is this thread still going? Is this the longest thread outside of a game day thread? 

@Raves is right, its brought a lot of good debate. The only problem no one is really arguing for kamara and the answer to the thread question is clearly no. Theres a legitimate argument hes not even top 5 at this point.

43 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

@Raves is right, its brought a lot of good debate. The only problem no one is really arguing for kamara and the answer to the thread question is clearly no. Theres a legitimate argument hes not even top 5 at this point.

There's not even close to a legitimate argument for that unless you want to call Barkley the worse RB in the NFL after this past week's performance as well as Freeman the best.  It's very shortsighted to say he's not top 5.