Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

Kamara and Barkley are both struggling coming off high ankle sprains. I’d say that there is a decent chance that they don’t start looking themselves until next season. This is the risk of having a player player through an injury in which standard of care (for non-high professional athletes) is limited weight bearing for about 6 weeks. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Kamara and Barkley are both struggling coming off high ankle sprains. I’d say that there is a decent chance that they don’t start looking themselves until next season. This is the risk of having a player player through an injury in which standard of care (for non-high professional athletes) is limited weight bearing for about 6 weeks. 

Yeah this is very likely the most logical explanation as to why both these players are having down years this season. I expect to see both of them bounce back next year.

34 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

You also need to consider Barkley is playing on a bad team, behind a below average line, in a bad offense, with a rookie QB, and no defense to rely on to keep things close. I think Kamara's situation has been a little more luxurious. On top of the injuries, Barkley has a lot more going against him. 

Ekler is the premier receiving back in the league, change my mind.

Best RB in general? Honestly at this point might be Chubb or Henry. I dont feel like any back is seperating themselves. RB is such a volatile position and consistency nowadays is hard to find... in terms of the best.

Edited by Bearerofnews

32 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

You also need to consider Barkley is playing on a bad team, behind a below average line, in a bad offense, with a rookie QB, and no defense to rely on to keep things close. I think Kamara's situation has been a little more luxurious. On top of the injuries, Barkley has a lot more going against him. 

Not comparing the two. But here’s the truth...Kamara’s and Barkley’s situations are no worse than last year (or earlier in the season for that matter), and yet their play has dropped off considerably. To me, that points toward the injury being a factor. Barkley and Kamara are both hurting in the agility and broken tackles department. Certainly, neither are playing like top backs right now...but they aren’t doomed for all eternity like some are trying to argue. 

• Like 1

No, It's not even close

C. McCaffery

S. Barkley

D. Cook

L. Fournette ( I know I'm going to catch hell for this one but it's true)

L. Bell (maybe it's rust or maybe it's a crap offense but my gut says the former)

I would land Kamara and Elliot around here with others to consider.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:10 AM, SmittyBacall said:

Agreed. Its pretty clear neither have been as explosive as they were pre-injuries though.

6 hours ago, vikes635 said:

No, It's not even close

C. McCaffery

S. Barkley

D. Cook

L. Fournette ( I know I'm going to catch hell for this one but it's true)

L. Bell (maybe it's rust or maybe it's a crap offense but my gut says the former)

I would land Kamara and Elliot around here with others to consider.

So why do Barkley and Bell get a pass for a bad year but not other guys?

15 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

So why do Barkley and Bell get a pass for a bad year but not other guys?

I didn't really base the rankings off this year. I believe Kamara is a good offensive weapon but he needs an in-between the tackles spell back to be most effective. Elliot is behind a great O-Line which makes him look a little better than I believe his talent actually is. If you had Fournette on Dallas I believe he would possibly shine as the brightest back among'st all of  them. You may ask why not have Lenard number 1 then. Well because I believe the same is true for everyone I have above him except maybe McCaffery (not sure he could shine brighter than he is right now). But ultimately gets the nod for shining the way I projected he would this year.

15 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

The list of running backs I'm taking before Fournette is pretty lengthy.

If we are talking fantasy I could see 10-15 but actual football players I would like you to post the worst one above him and his overall rank. we could compare and discuss more.