Jump to content
SBLIII

Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, vikes635 said:

If we are talking fantasy I could see 10-15 but actual football players I would like you to post the worst one above him and his overall rank. we could compare and discuss more.

I'd be pretty confident taking at least McCaffery, Kamara, Barkley, Elliot, Chubb, Mixon, Cooks, Henry, Jacobs, Mack, A.Jones, Hunt, and Gurley over Fournette. That's 13 names Probably Bell and David Johnson too. Maybe Carson and Penny (who started to look really good recently) as well. All in all, when I watch him I don't think he's that special of a runner, to be honest. He's a big, plodding back who doesn't make people miss or create a lot of his own yards. I feel like he's one of those guys reliant on good blocking, and needs a head of steam to be effective. Even when comparing his skill set to the other violent/power runners across the league I don't think he's in the top tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'd be pretty confident taking at least McCaffery, Kamara, Barkley, Elliot, Chubb, Mixon, Cooks, Henry, Jacobs, Mack, A.Jones, Hunt, and Gurley over Fournette. That's 13 names Probably Bell and David Johnson too. Maybe Carson and Penny (who started to look really good recently) as well. All in all, when I watch him I don't think he's that special of a runner, to be honest. He's a big, plodding back who doesn't make people miss or create a lot of his own yards. I feel like he's one of those guys reliant on good blocking, and needs a head of steam to be effective. Even when comparing his skill set to the other violent/power runners across the league I don't think he's in the top tier.

Your forgetting he is also excellent in the receiving game. I feel on running ability alone he is as good or better than Kamara, Chubb, Jacobs, Mixon, Mack, and Jones. On the receiving end he beats out Elliot, Henry, Jacobs, Mack. I put him high on this list because he is not a 1 trick pony. Like you said he has the Truck style that is effective but he also run tons of routes through the game and takes the ball something like 90% of the carry share. Gurley, Johnson, and probably even Bell yeah once upon a time were better all around backs but I don't think that is true anymore. Carson?? come on that guy is Lucky Penny is made out of glass and Wilson is so dang efficient or his fumble pron butt would be looking for a job. I'll admit some of these guys have more big play potential that Fournette but can just as easily be invisible for an entire game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vikes635 said:

Your forgetting he is also excellent in the receiving game.

Disagree. Excellent is pushing it too far. Bell, White, Ekeler etc. are excellent receivers. Fournette is just capable. He can catch. He's not someone you can split out wide or ask to create separation consistently.

5 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I feel on running ability alone he is as good or better than Kamara, Chubb, Jacobs, Mixon, Mack, and Jones.

Yeah, I don't see that either. I've never seen Fournette create yards in the same way those 6 have. Like I said earlier, I don't think he's special at all. But to each their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 2:30 AM, vikes635 said:

No, It's not even close

C. McCaffery

S. Barkley

D. Cook

L. Fournette ( I know I'm going to catch hell for this one but it's true)

L. Bell (maybe it's rust or maybe it's a crap offense but my gut says the former)

I would land Kamara and Elliot around here with others to consider.

No wayyyyyyyyyyy are Fournette or Leveon better than Chubb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, braylon said:

No wayyyyyyyyyyy are Fournette or Leveon better than Chubb.

I think many people are reluctant to give Chubb credit because 1) he’s not a high tier pick. 2) isn’t a physical specimen. 3) he plays for the Browns. 

 

 

Dudes so damm good and good solid though. Just eats up yards. Reminds me of Demarco murray when he was in dallas. Just the way he runs is so identical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I think many people are reluctant to give Chubb credit because 1) he’s not a high tier pick. 2) isn’t a physical specimen. 3) he plays for the Browns. 

Dudes so damm good and good solid though. Just eats up yards. Reminds me of Demarco murray when he was in dallas. Just the way he runs is so identical. 

I think reason 3 is probably the most likely with Chubb. As for not being a physical specimen, that isn't accurate at all. He ranks up there with some of the best in the NFL in terms of size/speed/strength combo. He ran some crazy fast 100m dash times for how big he was coming out of high school. He has also shown his speed several times in the Next Gen stats rankings with some of the higher MPH marks by a RB the past couple seasons. The guy is around 230lbs and has run a 10.6 in the 100m dash, and clocked 21.95 MPH on his 88 yard touchdown run this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I think reason 3 is probably the most likely with Chubb. As for not being a physical specimen, that isn't accurate at all. He ranks up there with some of the best in the NFL in terms of size/speed/strength combo. He ran some crazy fast 100m dash times for how big he was coming out of high school. He has also shown his speed several times in the Next Gen stats rankings with some of the higher MPH marks by a RB the past couple seasons. The guy is around 230lbs and has run a 10.6 in the 100m dash, and clocked 21.95 MPH on his 88 yard touchdown run this year.

 

Right but when people think of specimen they think Saquon and Henry. Just really insanely big backs with speed. I do admit I’m taken by surprised of the sprinter thing.. never thought of him as a burner even though he’s hit a few big runs. That espn 20+ MPH thing has always been a bit of a meh stat to me. Never really thought of it as a go to stat to define true speed! But maybe it is. 

 

 

That last last pic though he looks 40. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I do admit I’m taken by surprised of the sprinter thing.. never thought of him as a burner even though he’s hit a few big runs.

More than a few. He's tied for the league lead in 40+ yard rushes amongst running backs with 4, and first in 20+ rushes with 9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

More than a few. He's tied for the league lead in 40+ yard rushes amongst running backs with 4, and first in 20+ rushes with 9. 

Still though when I think physical freak I think 

Saquon nah mean. Again not fair but when the rams played them he didn’t look that big or fast to me. Which is why my mind is sorta made up on him. He’s a damm great back though No cap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not as flashy of a runner as some of the other guys so he gets underrated as a runner and as an athlete. He is soooo fast. Straight line one of the fastest RBs in the league.

To me, he's so good because of his decision making as a runner. He almost always seems to be patient when he's supposed to be patient, explode through a sliver of a hole when he's supposed to, cut it back when he's supposed to, accept defeat and bury his head and eke out a few physical yards when he's supposed to. It's unreal. And he has the athletic ability to capitalize on the good decision he makes. He gets every yard out of every freakin' run. It's incredible how he accelerates through a hole that wouldn't have even lasted long enough for many other RBs to get through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, braylon said:

He's not as flashy of a runner as some of the other guys so he gets underrated as a runner and as an athlete. He is soooo fast. Straight line one of the fastest RBs in the league.

To me, he's so good because of his decision making as a runner. He almost always seems to be patient when he's supposed to be patient, explode through a sliver of a hole when he's supposed to, cut it back when he's supposed to, accept defeat and bury his head and eke out a few physical yards when he's supposed to. It's unreal. And he has the athletic ability to capitalize on the good decision he makes. He gets every yard out of every freakin' run. It's incredible how he accelerates through a hole that wouldn't have even lasted long enough for many other RBs to get through.

Yeah he’s really good and puts up great numbers as well. Super underrated back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chubb isn't even the best running back on his own team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N4L said:

Chubb isn't even the best running back on his own team 

Maybe?

And...? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N4L said:

Chubb isn't even the best running back on his own team 

Gotta wonder just how much more dangerous this Chiefs team would be with Kareem in the backfield. They’d be giving Baltimore a run for their money in the AFC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×