Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

And Still Todd is better and you know it. 

Can I ask you scrubs what makes Gurley the best back in the NFL? Curious from an outsiders perspective.

tyler and @SmittyBacall

I think there are currently 3 RB's that can make a claim as best in the NFL essentially 1A, 1B, and 1C, in Kamara, Gurley, and Bell (Barkley may enter than conversation as well). Obviously Gurley has been very good in the passing game for the Rams since Mcvay arrived to go along with running the ball very effectively. Out of Kamara, Bell, and Gurley, I do think Gurley is the least flashy of the 3, not to say he doesn't also have flashy plays (I've seen him use the hurdle several times), I just think the other 2 are better at creating something out of nothing with their change of direction skills. Also I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing, Gurley just seems to have kind of a no nonsense running style to him. He makes a cut and gets up field utilizing his rare Size/Speed ratio, and does it very well. 

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

I think there are currently 3 RB's that can make a claim as best in the NFL essentially 1A, 1B, and 1C, in Kamara, Gurley, and Bell (Barkley may enter than conversation as well). Obviously Gurley has been very good in the passing game for the Rams since Mcvay arrived to go along with running the ball very effectively. Out of Kamara, Bell, and Gurley, I do think Gurley is the least flashy of the 3, not to say he doesn't also have flashy plays (I've seen him use the hurdle several times), I just think the other 2 are better at creating something out of nothing with their change of direction skills. Also I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing, Gurley just seems to have kind of a no nonsense running style to him. He makes a cut and gets up field utilizing his rare Size/Speed ratio, and does it very well. 

So what do you think he does better than Kamara.

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

So what do you think he does better than Kamara.

One of the biggest advantages for Gurley is I think he has more impressive straight line speed than Kamara, so when he hits a crease, he has a better chance of eliminating angles on defenders. Watching Gurley's long touchdown runs/catches last year, Gurley found an opening and was able to use his speed to eliminate angles. I don't know that Kamara does the same on some of those touchdowns, or Bell for that matter.  

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I don't think anyone is arguing Gurley isn't an elite RB lol. It is interesting to see Addai over guys like Steven Jackson, Deuce McCallister, and Lesean McCoy in that 2nd link, I don't think anyone would take Addai over a lot of those guys on the list.

Edited by tyler735

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I don't think anyone is arguing Gurley isn't an elite RB lol. It is interesting to see Addai over guys like Steven Jackson, Deuce McCallister, and Lesean McCoy in that 2nd link, I don't think anyone would take Addai over a lot of those guys on the list.

Think he might get the TD one after this year 4. He's still pilling. The yardage thought, Second year really hurt him.

And missing his first 4 games in the NFL as well. 

I should do one just listing the games he played, But too cherry picking. 

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Think he might get the TD one after this year 4. He's still pilling. The yardage thought, Second year really hurt him.

And missing his first 4 games in the NFL as well. 

I should do one just listing the games he played, But too cherry picking. 

Yeah he's definitely accumulating touchdowns at a crazy rate to start his career