Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Wait a sec, you don't think 15 pounds makes a difference?

And I'm silly?

I think 15 pounds makes a difference, I don't think him being taller has anything to do with it. Saying this player is better than that player because he's two inches taller and 15 pounds heavier is silly. Its absolutely irrelevant. I've seen plenty of big HBs run soft as hell, and plenty of guys smaller than Kamara run hard as hell.

19 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think 15 pounds makes a difference, I don't think him being taller has anything to do with it.

I never said him being taller makes a difference. But he's thicker, heavier and has more power. Stand them next to each other. I think it's self-evident.

20 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Saying this player is better than that player because he's two inches taller and 15 pounds heavier is silly.

I never said that. @El ramster asked what makes them different. I said stand them next to each other. Their physical differences are easily distinguishable. 

22 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I've seen plenty of big HBs run soft as hell, and plenty of guys smaller than Kamara run hard as hell.

Very true. Jeremy Hill is a good example. The difference is Gurley and Kamara both play to their weight. 

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

I never said him being taller makes a difference. But he's thicker, heavier and has more power. Stand them next to each other. I think it's self-evident.

I never said that. @El ramster asked what makes them different. I said stand them next to each other. Their physical differences are easily distinguishable. 

Very true. Jeremy Hill is a good example. The difference is Gurley and Kamara both play to their weight. 

Yeah Todd is built how you want your RBs to be built. He’s also faster. Looking at them there is no way Gurley has 15 lbs on him. It’s looks to be 30-40 more. And you know Mookie from way back about mass. That’s not 15 Lbs diff at all, it’s way more. 

On 10/4/2018 at 3:40 PM, El ramster said:

NFL Fans, Gurley is better than Kamara,

Saint fans. Gurley is better.:

NFL Fans. Gurley is great and there isn’t a better RB.

Saint fans. Kamara is there with him. 

Bunch or Bipolar ohhhs. 

17 hours ago, El ramster said:

Yeah I have no problem with calling Saquan the best. Dude is insane. Wow. 

2 hours ago, GamedayGuru said:

Saquon Barkley gonna be better than everyone so it doesn’t matter 

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

She change her tone from sucking on Kamaras toes like crazy 

Following this sequence of events, would this not make you a "toe sucker" as well?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Following this sequence of events, would this not make you a "toe sucker" as well?

I stand by that. Kamara isn’t on Gurleys level. The numbers show it as a runner.

and Saquon is doing what Kamara is doing as a work horse. On a worse team with no line and QB. Rookie numbers from Todd as runner. 

Edited by El ramster

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

Yeah Todd is built how you want your RBs to be built. He’s also faster. Looking at them there is no way Gurley has 15 lbs on him. It’s looks to be 30-40 more. And you know Mookie from way back about mass. That’s not 15 Lbs diff at all, it’s way more. 

Todd Gurley weighed in at the combine at 6'05" 222lbs

Alvin Kamara weighed in at the combine at 5'9.6" 214lbs

Is there anywhere that has verified Gurley has put on a substantial amount of weight since entering the league? Otherwise to my knowledge, Gurley is 5lbs to 10lbs bigger.

Edited by tyler735

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

I stand by that. Kamara isn’t on Gurleys level. The numbers show it as a runner.

The numbers show that as players this year Kamara and Gurley are neck and neck.

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

and Saquon is doing what Kamara is doing as a work horse. On a worse team with no line and QB. Rookie numbers from Todd as runner. 

And Kamara had over 6 YPC as a rookie. We've been through this. They are all elite talents.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

The numbers show that as players this year Kamara and Gurley are neck and neck.

And Kamara had over 6 YPC as a rookie. We've been through this. They are all elite talents.

I’m a hater bro let me hate. They’re not. There’s a diff between Todd-Saquon to Kanara.

These are God’s to that peasant.

and yes. Todd from College looked very thin. 

Hes much bigger now. 

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I’m a hater bro let me hate. They’re not. There’s a diff between Todd-Saquon to Kanara.

I suppose their is a substantial difference in pay between Todd-Saquon to Kamara

These are God’s to that peasant.

So yes, in a sense you are correct they are financially gods to Kamara's current peasant contract (By elite NFL RB standards).

Thankfully as football players they all are similar talents.

Edited by tyler735

20 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Todd Gurley weighed in at the combine at 6'05" 222lbs

Alvin Kamara weighed in at the combine at 5'9.6" 214lbs

Is there anywhere that has verified Gurley has put on a substantial amount of weight since entering the league? Otherwise to me knowledge, Gurley is 5lbs to 10lbs bigger.

I think it’s incredibly ignorant to assume any NFL player at any position - sans maybe kicker or QB - doesn’t add substantial weight between the combine and their 2nd and 3rd NFL season. Forget just natural growth of someone coming out of college, but they get into real programs with better S&C. Hell, these guys are training to look good in workouts.

Vince Wilfork weighed in at 325 - anybody believe that to be his playing weight?

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I think it’s incredibly ignorant to assume any NFL player at any position - sans maybe kicker or QB - doesn’t add substantial weight between the combine and their 2nd and 3rd NFL season. Forget just natural growth of someone coming out of college, but they get into real programs with better S&C. Hell, these guys are training to look good in workouts.

Vince Wilfork weighed in at 325 - anybody believe that to be his playing weight?

I think it is incredibly ignorant to use a Defensive Lineman as an example comparing with a young RB in regards to weight gain entering the league. I didn't say it wasn't possible that Gurley has gotten bigger since entering the league, but I have yet to see anywhere state that he has. I very well could be wrong, but the last verified weigh in had Kamara and Gurley about 5-10lbs apart, which given both of their weights puts them about as ideal as anyone could want from a RB anyway. For RB's bigger isn't really better after a certain point, which is why almost all of the RB's in the top 20 all time are between 200lbs to 225lbs. 

Edited by tyler735

6 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I think it is incredibly ignorant to use a Defensive Lineman as an example comparing with a young RB in regards to weight gain entering the league. I didn't say it wasn't possible that Gurley has gotten bigger since entering the league, but I have yet to see anywhere state that he has. I very well could be wrong, but the last verified weigh in had Kamara and Gurley about 5-10lbs apart, which given both of their weights puts them about as ideal as anyone could want from a RB anyway. For RB's bigger isn't really better after a certain point, which is why almost all of the RB's in the top 20 all time are between 200lbs to 225lbs. 

It’s way more than 15.. The thickness is real.

Look at their pics.