Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

22 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

No chance I'm reading through this threads history, but why is Gurley still being mentioned? His knee takes him out of the running. This is a 3 man race between Kamara, Zeke, and Saquon. Kamara is probably going to have the better stats going forward but I'd take Saquon.

You say this.. But another all pro season incoming..3 straight years all pro baby lets get it..

Did you cry when Chris Long said Donald >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cox?

• Like 1

Small sample size, but when Ingram was out for four games to start the season last year, Alvin Kamara had ~153 YFS per game.

Is Kamara the best back in the league? No because he's not as complete from a skillset standpoint as some of the other guys, but he's certainly up there. Perhaps top 5 outside the top tier of SaQuon, Zeke, and a healthy Gurley.

Tier 1: 
SaQuon Barkley
Zeke 
(Healthy) Todd Gurley

Tier 2: 
Le'Veon Bell
Alvin Kamara
Christian McCaffery
Joe Mixon
James Connor
David Johnson
Melvin Gordon

That's my top 10, not necessarily in order. 

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, El ramster said:

You say this.. But another all pro season incoming..3 straight years all pro baby lets get it..

Did you cry when Chris Long said Donald >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cox?

Gurley needs to have a complimentary guy so he doesn't have to have as much of the workload solely on his shoulders.... or knee.

And everyone knows Donald is better than Cox. They're both Hall of Famers though. 

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Gurley needs to have a complimentary guy so he doesn't have to have as much of the workload solely on his shoulders.... or knee.

And everyone knows Donald is better than Cox. They're both Hall of Famers though. 

I just see this whole Gurley thing over blown. Dude must of had the same banged up knee since his ACL. And he’s had one of the best starts to a career ever by a RB. Just monster numbers with monster scoring. Till I see him post a Kamara stat line around 800-500 ill be concerned. Those are trash numbers. 

Edited by El ramster

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

1) Arthritis... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2) Donald is better than Cox. Pretty weak troll attempt, man.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Year 1 kamara 

Year 2 cmc 

This year will be interesting, they should bothe be aiming for 2k+ yards and 1k/1k rushing and receiving. 

I think cmc is the more proficient player, kamara more dynamic as an athlete. 

I think McCaffrey might be the better athlete overall, as well. Or at least the smoother mover. It's a bit of a toss-up, but let's look at the Combine results:

40: CMC 4.48 > AK 4.56

20 split: CMC 2.60 > AK 2.61

10 split: CMC 1.55 = AK 1.55

Bench: CMC 10 < AK 15

Vertical: CMC 37.5 < AK 39.5

Broad: CMC 121 < AK 131

20 Shuttle: CMC 4.22 > AK 4.56

3-Cone: CMC 6.57 > AK DNP (6.57 is the second-best RB 3 cone time since 2003)

60 Shuttle CMC 11.03 > AK 11.78

McCaffrey put up better numbers in 5 categories, where Kamara put up better numbers in 3. McCaffrey has insane twitchiness to go with great long speed. Kamara has great explosion, but not the same level of agility as McCaffrey. McCaffrey's acceleration is actually identical to Kamara in the early going, but he continues to accelerate while Kamara tops out relatively quickly.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Top RBs in YFS/Game, make of it what you will.

NX5KaKi.png

Right. And let's look some more numbers, too, for this past year.

Alvin Kamara had a solid year with 5.8 yards per touch and 1,592 yards from scrimmage. He had 18 touchdowns, which is fantastic.

Christian McCaffrey has 6.0 yards per touch for 1,965 yards from scrimmage and 13 touchdowns which is also a pretty good number.

CMC had his first 1,000+ yard rushing season, something that Kamara hasn't done yet. He had 5.0 yards per carry to Kamara's 4.6. 

CMC caught 86.3% of his targets AND had a yards per target total of 7.0. Kamara caught 77.1% of his targets and had a yards per target total 6.8 - also a great number for a runningback.

McCaffrey was superior to Kamara this past year in just about every way. However, Kamara was head and shoulders above McCaffrey in their rookie seasons.

I agree with Kiwi. We need to see more of both to see who pulls ahead of the other, if either of them can do so.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Right. And let's look some more numbers, too, for this past year.

Alvin Kamara had a solid year with 5.8 yards per touch and 1,592 yards from scrimmage. He had 18 touchdowns, which is fantastic.

Christian McCaffrey has 6.0 yards per touch for 1,965 yards from scrimmage and 13 touchdowns which is also a pretty good number.

CMC had his first 1,000+ yard rushing season, something that Kamara hasn't done yet. He had 5.0 yards per carry to Kamara's 4.6. 

CMC caught 86.3% of his targets AND had a yards per target total of 7.0. Kamara caught 77.1% of his targets and had a yards per target total 6.8 - also a great number for a runningback.

McCaffrey was superior to Kamara this past year in just about every way. However, Kamara was head and shoulders above McCaffrey in their rookie seasons.

I agree with Kiwi. We need to see more of both to see who pulls ahead of the other, if either of them can do so.

Not to mention that Kamara has the better supporting cast.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Y’all know Payton is obsessed with using RBBC right? Get ready for Latavius Murray to get forced the ball.

I think Payton just thought highly of Ingram. Kamara averaged 23 touches per game in September when Ingram was suspended. He only had 23 touches in one game after that. Murray is still going to get touches but I doubt he'll get as many as Ingram did.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 9:21 AM, GSUeagles14 said:

Does he run the giants. Or you just feeling sad cause Kamari’s not a top 3 back? Heck, if bell comes back as the same guy he may not even be top 5. 

Try to make some sense. The Giants weren't mentioned.
Just giving a guy some shiz. I'm not sad about anything with Kamara. He's still better than any back the Eagles have, or have had for....oh, how long??????

On 6/30/2019 at 6:23 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Do you kamara is better than all those guys? 

Criticize the list ya donkey.

Kamara's a really good back. He's not the best. He may be, in time, but I doubt it.

Barkley is a stud, and he's the best in the league, in my opinion.
McCaffery has done more than most, with very little to work with. In fact, he'd be much better if he didn't have to worry about Cam Newton's "50/50" vision and on again, off again play.
Gurley is a stud, but his body isn't going to allow him to be the best.

That leaves Kamara. He has vision, balance, patience, and is a unique guy, unlike any of us have seen before. He's doesn't have the superhero body type (like Adrian Peterson, Todd Gurley and company) he just has the "it" factor. I said it in his first preseason game, he is unlike anyone we've seen.

Now, that doesn't make him the best, but it sure makes him really good, and he's in the right system.

How's that for a Donkey?

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Kamara's a really good back. He's not the best. He may be, in time, but I doubt it.

Barkley is a stud, and he's the best in the league, in my opinion.
McCaffery has done more than most, with very little to work with. In fact, he'd be much better if he didn't have to worry about Cam Newton's "50/50" vision and on again, off again play.
Gurley is a stud, but his body isn't going to allow him to be the best.

That leaves Kamara. He has vision, balance, patience, and is a unique guy, unlike any of us have seen before. He's doesn't have the superhero body type (like Adrian Peterson, Todd Gurley and company) he just has the "it" factor. I said it in his first preseason game, he is unlike anyone we've seen.

Now, that doesn't make him the best, but it sure makes him really good, and he's in the right system.

How's that for a Donkey?

I agree with you re Barkley. 

I think there is a case for other backs to be taken a head of kamara, but if you go for kamara good for you. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...