Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Gonna be honest, the McCaffery vs Kamara debate reminds me of Wentz vs Dak. Only Saints/Cowboys fans will think their guy is better, will pull rookie numbers to pad their arguments and completely ignore progression.

Lol strange comparison given that Kamara has had an excellent start to his career through 2 seasons, and is regularly mentioned in the top 3/top 5 RB's by many when ranking RB's.

Although the Wentz vs Dak one I suppose is interesting since it is a comparison between 2 QB's that are basically 3rd-4th tier level QB's. It's like do you take Dak who might not be as talented, but at least knows how to stay on the football field for longer than 2 games at a time, or do you take Wentz that may end up being a "quality" starter if he wasn't more injury prone than RG3. Tough decision, but at the end of the day the outcome is essentially the equivalent of being able to brag about which midget is taller.

Just now, tyler735 said:

Lol strange comparison given that Kamara has had an excellent start to his career through 2 seasons, and is regularly mentioned in the top 3/top 5 RB's by many when ranking RB's.

Although the Wentz vs Dak one I suppose is interesting since it is a comparison between 2 QB's that are basically 3rd-4th tier level QB's. It's like do you take Dak who might not be as talented, but at least knows how to stay on the football field for longer than 2 games at a time, or do you take Wentz that may end up being a "quality" starter if he wasn't more injury prone than RG3. Tough decision, but at the end of the day the outcome is essentially the equivalent of being able to brag about which midget is taller.

Wentz has shown when he's healthy he is capable of playing at an MVP level. He posted a rating over 100 last season despite the fact our offensive coordinator was designing plays for Nick Foles all season rather than plays that were better suited for Carson's playing style. He would have been 8-3 this season if Jim Schwartz didn't literally hardcore blow 3 games (Titans, Panthers and one of the Cowboys games)

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wentz has shown when he's healthy he is capable of playing at an MVP level. He posted a rating over 100 last season despite the fact our offensive coordinator was designing plays for Nick Foles all season rather than plays that were better suited for Carson's playing style. He would have been 8-3 this season if Jim Schwartz didn't literally hardcore blow 3 games (Titans, Panthers and one of the Cowboys games)

Lol and you are putting Saints fans on blast for Kamara, but then have the audacity to post this in regards to Wentz?

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Lol and you are putting Saints fans on blast for Kamara, but then have the audacity to post this in regards to Wentz?

"Audacity" Ok high horse guy. I still have Kamara as a top 5 RB in the league, while I only have Carson as a top 8-10 guy right now. 

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

"Audacity" Ok high horse guy. I still have Kamara as a top 5 RB in the league, while I only have Carson as a top 8-10 guy right now. 

Kamara as a top 5 RB? Even though us Saints fans would be the only one's that could think he's better than a guy like McCaffrey?

Carson seems a to be rated a bit low for a guy that "when he's healthy" is capable of "playing at an MVP level" and played in an offense "designed for the backup QB" and not Wentz.

45 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Kamara as a top 5 RB? Even though us Saints fans would be the only one's that could think he's better than a guy like McCaffrey?

Carson seems a to be rated a bit low for a guy that "when he's healthy" is capable of "playing at an MVP level" and played in an offense "designed for the backup QB" and not Wentz.

why is this becoming a QB debate about dak and Wentz? Can we go back to Kamara and how he isnt a top 3 back?

Top 5 rbs for me right now 

1) Saquan- I know it's early in his career and barring anything derailing.  I just think he's the best rb.

2) Zeke- Take the off the field stuff and the hold out, suspension. He's the number 2 rb. I don't think that offense operates close to the efficiency without him. But if he comes in without a deal I can see him dogging it. He's a volatile #2 rb right now.

3)Christian McCaffrey- 86% catch rate and dang near 2000 yards from scrimmage is just impressive. It's good to be dual threat in todays NFL. Thrived even when Cam hurt  his shoulder. 

4) Alvin Kamara- I just think he's the best dual threat swiss army knife in the league. Guy was box office since he came in the league. He's a bigger rich mans Sproles in that system.  He gets downgraded to 4 because the load management is going to be critical. 

5) Todd Gurley- is he gonna need to be managed sure. Is he still talented yes. And compared to Leveon Bell I just worry more about injury when a guy sits out a whole year.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Top 5 rbs for me right now 

1) Saquan- I know it's early in his career and barring anything derailing.  I just think he's the best rb.

2) Zeke- Take the off the field stuff and the hold out, suspension. He's the number 2 rb. I don't think that offense operates close to the efficiency without him. But if he comes in without a deal I can see him dogging it. He's a volatile #2 rb right now.

3)Christian McCaffrey- 86% catch rate and dang near 2000 yards from scrimmage is just impressive. It's good to be dual threat in todays NFL. Thrived even when Cam hurt  his shoulder. 

4) Alvin Kamara- I just think he's the best dual threat swiss army knife in the league. Guy was box office since he came in the league. He's a bigger rich mans Sproles in that system.  He gets downgraded to 4 because the load management is going to be critical. 

5) Todd Gurley- is he gonna need to be managed sure. Is he still talented yes. And compared to Leveon Bell I just worry more about injury when a guy sits out a whole year.

Where do you rank:

Bell

Kareem Hunt

3 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

Where do you rank:

Bell

Kareem Hunt

Bell is 9th for me he might start out strong depending on how well he picked up the offense. The way he's talking though on social media platforms. But, a drop off is coming. There's no guarantee he faces the same light boxes in new york. Way too many variables oline, how run style fits, a year 2 Sam Darnold compared to a veteran Big Ben.

Kareem Hunt- Not real comfortable ranking him to be honest. I'm not saying he's not a talented runningback because he is. He definitely had a sophomore slump last year even prior to the suspension . Plus, Andy Reids offense is conducive to Runningbacks implementing the catch. Not sure if that translates to Cleveland. 

20 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why is this becoming a QB debate about dak and Wentz? Can we go back to Kamara and how he isnt a top 3 back?

Because another poster brought up a comparison between Dak and Wentz, and I replied. Good call though we should get back to why Kamara is an elite RB. 

5 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Because another poster brought up a comparison between Dak and Wentz, and I replied. Good call though we should get back to why Kamara is an elite RB. 

well i mean... the question in the OP is is he the best. The answer is simply and easily no. You tried really hard for a really long time  that he was but you were wrong. Can we finally lock this up since even you have seemingly conceded he isnt the best?

Man, this thread has come a long way. 

More comfortable putting Kamara near the top after some consistency. His efficiency predictably went down, but no one was going to continue on that track. 

He’s a lower-top-tier back IMO. Not Saquon, Gurley, or Zeke. Still hasn’t shown to be a bell cow like those guys. Interestingly enough, I think McCaffrey is getting closer to entering this conversation after an awesome sophomore season, but I think Kamara has better ability.

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Man, this thread has come a long way. 

More comfortable putting Kamara near the top after some consistency. His efficiency predictably went down, but no one was going to continue on that track. 

He’s a lower-top-tier back IMO. Not Saquon, Gurley, or Zeke. Still hasn’t shown to be a bell cow like those guys. Interestingly enough, I think McCaffrey is getting closer to entering this conversation after an awesome sophomore season, but I think Kamara has better ability.

I would still take Kamara over McCaffrey and this season will show why.  Will be interesting to see how many touches he'll get this year.  He had 275 last year and actually had more rush attempts per game than Ingram last year, though not sure how that changed after the first 4 games.

16 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

well i mean... the question in the OP is is he the best. The answer is simply and easily no. You tried really hard for a really long time  that he was but you were wrong. Can we finally lock this up since even you have seemingly conceded he isnt the best?

It seems like it should still be an open topic. As I've said for like 8 months now, I have Barkley as my number 1 RB and Kamara as my number 2. However it's still very early in their careers and this season could certainly change things with Kamara being able to get more looks without having another Pro Bowl caliber RB in Mark Ingram to split some touches with.