Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

It seems like it should still be an open topic. As I've said for like 8 months now, I have Barkley as my number 1 RB and Kamara as my number 2. However it's still very early in their careers and this season could certainly change things with Kamara being able to get more looks without having another Pro Bowl caliber RB in Mark Ingram to split some touches with.

Barely a pro bowl player with barley 1k Yards FOH. Acting like if he was behind a HOF player. Ingram was a bust his first few years. Kamara will do nothing but post up 800-700. 

2 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Barely a pro bowl player with barley 1k Yards FOH. Acting like if he was behind a HOF player. Ingram was a bust his first few years. Kamara will do nothing but post up 800-700. 

When did I say HOF caliber? Definitely said Pro Bowl in regards to Ingram considering he was a Pro Bowl player and all. That said, yeah Kamara if he doesn't get injured will undoubtedly be over 1,000 yards rushing this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With Zeke Elliott just signing his big contract, it brings up an intriguing scenario for Kamara in the near future with his deal likely coming in the next year. Will Alvin Kamara be the first RB to get a 100 million dollar deal? I think he's a bit better than Zeke, so I wouldn't mind it especially when factoring Kamara's versatility. Here's an article regarding this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/04/alvin-kamara-saints-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-contract-extension-news/amp/

7 hours ago, tyler735 said:

With Zeke Elliott just signing his big contract, it brings up an intriguing scenario for Kamara in the near future with his deal likely coming in the next year. Will Alvin Kamara be the first RB to get a 100 million dollar deal? I think he's a bit better than Zeke, so I wouldn't mind it especially when factoring Kamara's versatility. Here's an article regarding this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/04/alvin-kamara-saints-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-contract-extension-news/amp/

depends on the years. But AAV probably in the 17-18 million range due to rising cap and being a very good receiver.

12 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Oh, you better hope you don't give him $100mm. Let someone else make that mistake, that'll be the beginning of a new 'Aints era...

Paying a RB $100mm - no matter how talented - is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Oh, you better hope you don't give him $100mm. Let someone else make that mistake, that'll be the beginning of a new 'Aints era...

Do you view Zeke's contract as a disaster waiting to happen?

7 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Yes, yes - ABSOLUTELY, that's a time bomb that's going to blow up that entire roster.

They'll have to find another QB and #1 CB because of that contract - the QB situation might be a blessing, but losing Byron Jones is going to cripple that defense.

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yes, yes - ABSOLUTELY, that's a time bomb that's going to blow up that entire roster.

They'll have to find another QB and #1 CB because of that contract - the QB situation might be a blessing, but losing Byron Jones is going to cripple that defense.

It certainly brings a some risk paying a RB that much given the odds of injury. However if the market is continuing to increase each year for RB's, I'd be pissed if the Saints didn't pay Kamara in that ballpark of 15ish million per year. It seems it's only a matter of time before several RB's are in the 15 million range. Regardless when looking at current trends for contracts, I'd much rather pay Kamara 15+ million than several WR's making that type of money such as a guy like Brandin Cooks. This isn't to say I don't think there's risk involved. Given Kamara's age, and limited usage in college/NFL, I think that the odds are on his side that he doesn't see a decline in his game in the next 5-6 years.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeah losing Byron Jones could be an issue, but it depends on if they pay Cooper or not as well, or at least  how much.

Best RB in the league is easily Saquan Barkley. Had over 2000 yfs without a single fumble and behind one of the worst OLs. Forget best RB right now, Saquan looks like he could be better than Tomlinson, Peterson, and Faulk. He’s might be a once in a lifetime threat, hyper-elite.

These other backs like Kamara, White Lightning, etc are simply high pro bowl level talents. I could see Guice and Chubb giving them both a run for their money in these rankings this year as it stands.

Edit: How I see it ultimately shaping up...

First Tier- GOAT level: Saquan Barkley

2nd Tier- All Pro level: Todd Gurley (health), Ezekiel Elliot, Nick Chubb, Derrius Guice (health)

3rd Tier- Fringe All Pro/Easy Pro Bowl Level: Alvin Kamara, White Lightning

Edited by diamondbull424

23 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Best RB in the league is easily Saquan Barkley. Had over 2000 yfs without a single fumble and behind one of the worst OLs. Forget best RB right now, Saquan looks like he could be better than Tomlinson, Peterson, and Faulk. He’s might be a once in a lifetime threat, hyper-elite.

These other backs like Kamara, White Lightning, etc are simply high pro bowl level talents. I could see Guice and Chubb giving them both a run for their money in these rankings this year as it stands.

2nd Tier- All Pro level: Todd Gurley (health), Ezekiel Elliot, Nick Chubb, Derrius Guice (health)

Guice is so overrated it’s not even funny. I’d bet you my life savings that he won’t be remotely as good as Kamara or McCaffrey. Your 2nd/3rd tier is pretty hilarious. Flip them and then you’ve got something. 

Barkley is in a tier of his own. For as good as everyone says that Elliott is...that guy couldn’t hold Barkley’s jock. Elliott is along with Kamara and McCaffrey in my 2nd tier only because of his ability to fall forward and not fumble consistently. 

Gurley is in a tier below because you can’t overlook health. Chubb is a tier below because he’s not quite as good and doesn’t come close to contributing in the receiving game (though I do like the guy).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I would actually put Dalvin Cook at least in the 3rd tier, probably 2nd and it seems you put the better players in the 3rd tier and the worse players in the 2nd tier.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:55 AM, tyler735 said:

On 9/7/2019 at 9:20 AM, ET80 said:

At times like this I ask myself, "What would Belichek do?". I feel as though that answer would be a resounding "no".

• Like 1