Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

29 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I would actually put Dalvin Cook at least in the 3rd tier, probably 2nd and it seems you put the better players in the 3rd tier and the worse players in the 2nd tier.

McCaffery I may need to change my tune on, but Kamara I think I’ve watched enough of him that I’m not convinced he will be in the 2nd tier. In fact I do agree, I probably should’ve been more strict with that second tier and only included Zeke, and Gurley.

In terms of Cook, I wasn’t making a true RB list. Just stating how I think some of the backs discussed in this thread would ultimately finish their career as.

And from a career perspective I don’t think Cook will be in the same conversation as the guys listed above. Perhaps I should’ve made it GOAT, HOF, and fringe HOF level instead. In fact that probably makes the most sense to limit some confusion.

28 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

At times like this I ask myself, "What would Belichek do?". I feel as though that answer would be a resounding "no".

Then again we will see how well the Belichek logic works once Brady retires. The Rams have around 14.5 million per year invested in their RB who played a very crucial role in their Super Bowl run. 

Cook didn't do well last year, whether or not you choose to blame circumstances, he has to prove himself.

Tier SaQuon:
SaQuon Barkley

Tier 1:
Ezekiel Elliot
CMC
Kamara
Todd Gurley*

Tier 2:
Todd Gurley*
LeVeon Bell
Joe Mixon
David Johnson
Melvin Gordon
David Johnson
Nick Chubb

UpNComers (Certainly more people could be here):
Marlon Mack
Dalvin Cook
Derrius Guice
Miles Sanders

Edited by Danger
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

At times like this I ask myself, "What would Belichek do?". I feel as though that answer would be a resounding "no".

Then again we will see how well the Belichek logic works once Brady retires. The Rams have around 14.5 million per year invested in their RB who played a very crucial role in their Super Bowl run. 

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I think it has more to do with Belichek than Brady to be honest; it's the system.

And that's great and all for the Rams but doing it one year is one thing, doing it every year is another thing. 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I think it has more to do with Belichek than Brady to be honest; it's the system.

And that's great and all for the Rams but doing it one year is one thing, doing it every year is another thing. 

I think you're wrong, but to each their own in regards to Belicheck/Brady.

Well doing it once kind of shows it can be done with a RB making a high end salary, which is the point. I feel the odds of doing it multiple times is rare regardless and independent of paying a RB a high salary. There really isn't a "one size fits all approach" for success in the NFL. At the end of the day, I just want my team to resign it's biggest difference makers, which in this case is Alvin Kamara. He isn't an easily replaceable player given his unique skillset.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Cook didn't do well last year, whether or not you choose to blame circumstances, he has to prove himself.

Tier SaQuon:
SaQuon Barkley

Tier 1:
Ezekiel Elliot
CMC
Kamara
Todd Gurley*

Tier 2:
Todd Gurley*
LeVeon Bell
Joe Mixon
David Johnson
Melvin Gordon
David Johnson
Nick Chubb

Marlon Mack
Dalvin Cook
Derrius Guice
Miles Sanders

This is actually a very good list. Can’t disagree. I think ultimately Bryce Love also will be on this list.

Granted he plays with Guice, but he reminds me of Priest Holmes. I love Justice Hill, but I wish he would’ve fallen to the Ravens at our next pick. Especially with our RBs he would’ve been perfect to recover and come back when he was back up to speed.

But that’s probably besides the point. Great list.

Edited by diamondbull424

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Tier SaQuon:
SaQuon Barkley

Tier 1:
Ezekiel Elliot
CMC
Kamara
Todd Gurley*

Tier 2:
Todd Gurley*
LeVeon Bell
Joe Mixon
David Johnson
Melvin Gordon
David Johnson
Nick Chubb

Marlon Mack
Dalvin Cook
Derrius Guice
Miles Sanders

Not a bad list. Derrick Henry should be somewhere on there though IMO. 

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Kamara actually looks faster this year... or is it just me?

It’s pretty rare to come away from either a Giants or Saints game and say that Barkley or Kamara aren’t the best skilled position football player on the field. Kamara with his acceleration, contact balance, and route running and Barkley with his vision, jump cuts, and spin moves...it’s insane. They’re the best two in the league right now. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 2