Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I tend to agree with the RB position being fairly straightforward to evaluate. In Cook's case it has never been an issue of talent, but there are certainly concerns about him playing a full season without getting injured.

I’m of the belief that all RBs are on borrowed time. What to see “longevity” is kind of silly. Gurley was a workhorse until he wasn’t. I just judge a RB based on what I see in the present. 

11 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Screw that, he wasn’t even the best RB on the team until this year.

We could say the same thing about Kamara playing second fiddle to Mark Ingram...

Going back to last season, CMC has more rushing yards, more receptions and more reception yards than Kamara - all while playing in an offense with a significant disadvantage at every skill positions and at all five OL spots.

I have yet to hear a compelling reason to put Kamara over CMC. Only people that I've heard from are Saints fans and a guy who is probably related to Kamara given how passionate he defends Kamara.

Kamara is elite, top 5 for sure. But he's behind McCaffrey by just about every measurable stat going back to last season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

We could say the same thing about Kamara playing second fiddle to Mark Ingram...

Going back to last season, CMC has more rushing yards, more receptions and more reception yards than Kamara - all while playing in an offense with a significant disadvantage at every skill positions and at all five OL spots.

I have yet to hear a compelling reason to put Kamara over CMC. Only people that I've heard from are Saints fans and a guy who is probably related to Kamara given how passionate he defends Kamara.

Kamara is elite, top 5 for sure. But he's behind McCaffrey by just about every measurable stat going back to last season.

I was referring to Kamara and Ingram, but as a joke.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I was referring to Kamara and Ingram, but as a joke.

Aha, ahhhh - ok, I'm a dunce. I was thinking to myself "wait, Jonathan Stewart was never good at anything except for not being good at anything..."

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Aha, ahhhh - ok, I'm a dunce. I was thinking to myself "wait, Jonathan Stewart was never good at anything except for not being good at anything..."

Ah, poor wording on my part.

In all seriousness though, Ingram has been underrated for years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Ah, poor wording on my part.

In all seriousness though, Ingram has been underrated for years.

The things he's doing in Baltimore is just filthy. Even without yesterday, he is a machine getting tough yards on every run.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

The things he's doing in Baltimore is just filthy. Even without yesterday, he is a machine getting tough yards on every run.

For real. And his vision is great, too. Just a really solid back.

But in terms of the best, yeah I think it's basically 1a, 1b, 1c between Saquon, Kamara and CMC.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

For real. And his vision is great, too. Just a really solid back.

But in terms of the best, yeah I think it's basically 1a, 1b, 1c between Saquon, Kamara and CMC.

Ingram is great been saying he has a career year since you guys signed him now that he will get a chance to be more of a feature back.

Basically where I'm at with the rankings. Those 3 RB's are crazy talented and fun to watch.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

@tyler735 so... you gonna try and make an argument for him or just keep saying hes in the conversation?