Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

15 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m sorry...I don’t know that we were only allowed to use subjective nonsense with a built in agenda. I’ll never use real statistics ever again. 

so you think thats a good argumnet as to why kamara better, one fairly small facet in one game? How does that negate everything that ET put out?

32 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so you think thats a good argumnet as to why kamara better, one fairly small facet in one game? How does that negate everything that ET put out?

I gave you an objective attribute that Kamara earns for himself. Force missed tackles are earned by the player, not by the scheme, coach, QB, or OL. I’m a big believer in CMac. So I’m sure you’ll have no problem producing something objective that points toward CMac being better that cannot be attributed to scheme, coach, QB, or OL. 

52 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I gave you an objective attribute that Kamara earns for himself. Force missed tackles are earned by the player, not by the scheme, coach, QB, or OL. I’m a big believer in CMac. So I’m sure you’ll have no problem producing something objective that points toward CMac being better that cannot be attributed to scheme, coach, QB, or OL. 

you gotta do better man. If you want to go this route, broken tackles can be subjective, they certainly arent all the same and are driven by opportunity. CMC has outperformed kamara, period. Hes dones so with a disadvantage at coach, qb, surrounding talent, etc. This is over a significant sample size (19 games).  If you think that broken tackles in one game or in general is a solid argument to show that kamaras better, just know that youd be in the vast minority. 

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you gotta do better man. If you want to go this route, broken tackles can be subjective, they certainly arent all the same and are driven by opportunity. CMC has outperformed kamara, period. Hes dones so with a disadvantage at coach, qb, surrounding talent, etc. This is over a significant sample size (19 games).  If you think that broken tackles in one game or in general is a solid argument to show that kamaras better, just know that youd be in the vast minority. 

I’ll do better once you do...something. 

15 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’ll do better once you do...something. 

pretty sure i pointed out, and then pointed to et pointing out that cmc has simply outproduced him. Have you missed that, seems like itd be pretty hard as its been multiple times over the last 5 pages or so.

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

pretty sure i pointed out, and then pointed to et pointing out that cmc has simply outproduced him. Have you missed that, seems like itd be pretty hard as its been multiple times over the last 5 pages or so.

So stats that are heavily dictated by usage, scheme, and blocking are your answer. Gotcha. 

Love Kamara he's special easily a Top 3 RB I'd say. But man my favorite RB coming out of college and throughout the NFL over the time he's played has been Christian McCaffery. Guy is a stud I think he'll really take off this year. Him and Luke Kuechly are the only two guys worth watching on the Panthers right now, Panthers should just trade them both over to the Patriots!

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Are you implying McCaffrey benefits from better scheme and blocking than Kamara?

Of course not. CMac is a stud. I’m simply explaining that you can’t simply use generalized statistics to compare the ability of players. I was encouraging the guy to give me something objective and less prone to multi variables than stats. Again...he can’t because he’s not willing to put in the work to do it. It’s there...but it’s lazy box score analysis. When Kamara was producing more than CMac his first season, it was do to his conditions...but now that it’s the other way around it’s justifiable. It’s laziness and inconsistency that makes this annoying. 

• Like 2