Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

I can say this much about the Saints OL...the past two seasons they have been much better against the pass than the run. Not that they’re bad, but they are NOT an elite run blocking unit by any stretch of the imagination. It helps to have Kamara and Ingram. Ingram leaves and lo and behold he gets better. 

Latavius Murray who’s suppose to be a pretty solid RB is running at 1.8 YPC when you take away his one good carry this season (30 yards vs Houston).

I would say that Christian McCaffery is the best RB in the NFL right now. 

The guy is Carolina's whole offense. Has played EVERY offensive snap this year. He is a GREAT receiver, can run between the tackles, has the speed to get to the outside, and is a team leader.

I thought McCaffery would be good in the NFL but I did not see this. To me he is the modern day Marshall Faulk! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

I would say that Christian McCaffery is the best RB in the NFL right now. 

The guy is Carolina's whole offense. Has played EVERY offensive snap this year. He is a GREAT receiver, can run between the tackles, has the speed to get to the outside, and is a team leader.

I thought McCaffery would be good in the NFL but I did not see this. To me he is the modern day Marshall Faulk! 

is he better than Cook? I don't think so.

Just now, BZski said:

100%

McCaffery does things that Cook simply cant and that being mainly he is such a superior receiving RB than Cook. Cook is good but not on McCaffery's level.

Cook is a superior running threat. McCaffrey is the superior receiving threat. Kamara is a mix of both that's why I really like him.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:08 AM, SmittyBacall said:

I always thought he was below average. Better athlete than RB.

I agree with you on Latavius Murray.  He's a nice guy, but for a guy as big as he is, he just isn't a very hard runner.  If there is a huge hole to run through, he can gain some good yardage, but he isn't the type who is going to make something out of nothing.  Blocking and pass catching is really only average too, IMO.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree with you on Latavius Murray.  He's a nice guy, but for a guy as big as he is, he just isn't a very hard runner.  If there is a huge hole to run through, he can gain some good yardage, but he isn't the type who is going to make something out of nothing.  Blocking and pass catching is really only average too, IMO.

Nothing worse than a soft big back. Just look at Jeremy Hill.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

Cook is a superior running threat. McCaffrey is the superior receiving threat. Kamara is a mix of both that's why I really like him.

I would disagree that Cook is the superior running threat. 

The easiest way I determine who is the best at a position is to ask:

"Would I trade player X straight up for player Y"

I can honestly say I would not trade McCaffery straight up for Cook. Even Viking fans would trade Cook in a second if they could get McCaffery straight up.

The only RBs I would even consider trading McCaffery straight up for would be Barkley, Elliot, or Kamara. Though I would still lean McCaffery because of his ability to do everything.

Just now, BZski said:

I would disagree that Cook is the superior running threat. 

The easiest way I determine who is the best at a position is to ask:

"Would I trade player X straight up for player Y"

I can honestly say I would not trade McCaffery straight up for Cook. Even Viking fans would trade Cook in a second if they could get McCaffery straight up.

The only RBs I would even consider trading McCaffery straight up for would be Barkley, Elliot, or Kamara. Though I would still lean McCaffery because of his ability to do everything.

disagree based on what? Cook leads all RBs in yards after contact and literally makes cuts nobody in the league can do. And I seriously doubt Vikings fans would trade Cook if they were guaranteed a healthy Cook for 16 games.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

disagree based on what? Cook leads all RBs in yards after contact and literally makes cuts nobody in the league can do. And I seriously doubt Vikings fans would trade Cook if they were guaranteed a healthy Cook for 16 games.

That is a big "IF" being that he has never stayed healthy and should be part of the discussion on who is better. I would think most 90% of Viking fans would trade Cook straight up for McCaffery if they are being honest with themselves. 

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Nothing worse than a soft big back. Just look at Jeremy Hill.

Brandon Jacobs towards the end of his career. He was almost as big as Cam Newton but ran kept trying to run with finesse. Guys would just grab his legs and down he went. No power to his game at all.