Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

59 minutes ago, showtime said:

Christian McCaffrey is a beast.  The guy is just so great with the ball in his hands.  The two best running backs in the league might be in the NFC South (McCaffrey and Kamara).

yea man, barkleys missed like e games and you already forget him. or are you placing kamara over him, if so, what would be the argument for that?

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yea man, barkleys missed like e games and you already forget him. or are you placing kamara over him, if so, what would be the argument for that?

Barkley is elite.  I'm not saying Kamara is a top two running back; I'm just saying that he could be.  You could also mention Cook in this conversation as well because he's been great so far this season. 

Just now, showtime said:

Barkley is elite.  I'm not saying Kamara is a top two running back; I'm just saying that he could be.  You could also mention Cook in this conversation as well because he's been great so far this season. 

and im askjng what the argumwnt would be for kamara over barkley. its clearly barkley/cmc as the top two backs, saying kamara "could be" is the same as tyler saying hes "in the conversation" for the last dozen pages. like how? whats the argument? i mean, its not saying that kamara is bad just beacuse he isnt as good as the absolute best backs.

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

and im askjng what the argumwnt would be for kamara over barkley. its clearly barkley/cmc as the top two backs, saying kamara "could be" is the same as tyler saying hes "in the conversation" for the last dozen pages. like how? whats the argument? i mean, its not saying that kamara is bad just beacuse he isnt as good as the absolute best backs.

Things change so fast, though.  Last year at this time, nobody was talking about McCaffrey.  In my opinion, Todd Gurley was the best back last year - now he's not even in the discussion anymore.  There were quite a few people last year who had Kamara as their #1 running back. 

This season, Barkley has like 300 something total offensive yards and one touchdown.  Dalvin Cook has over 400 yards rushing alone and five rushing TD's.  So if we're talking about right now, then Barkley isn't even this discussion. 

I'm assuming since we're talking about Barkley and Kamara then it's because of last year and this year... just generally speaking.  It's tough because with certain guys we lean more heavily on right now in the moment, other guys get looked at in different ways.

But to answer your question - if we're assuming everyone is healthy then Barkley probably is the most talented and physically gifted of the bunch.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Things change so fast, though.  Last year at this time, nobody was talking about McCaffrey.  In my opinion, Todd Gurley was the best back last year - now he's not even in the discussion anymore.  There were quite a few people last year who had Kamara as their #1 running back. 

This season, Barkley has like 300 something total offensive yards and one touchdown.  Dalvin Cook has over 400 yards rushing alone and five rushing TD's.  So if we're talking about right now, then Barkley isn't even this discussion. 

I'm assuming since we're talking about Barkley and Kamara then it's because of last year and this year... just generally speaking.  It's tough because with certain guys we lean more heavily on right now in the moment, other guys get looked at in different ways.

But to answer your question - if we're assuming everyone is healthy then Barkley probably is the most talented and physically gifted of the bunch.

barkleys hurt, unless youre arguing that a high ankle sprain is degenerative and will lead to consistent problems than its foolish to ignore that while look at yardage totals. 

im not totally understanding but it seems like youre arguing that barkley isnt the best because he may continue to get hurt. as far as everyhting else, yes things change quickly at rb but unless the very top tier regresses or kamara improves than hes not in the same conversation.

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

barkleys hurt, unless youre arguing that a high ankle sprain is degenerative and will lead to consistent problems than its foolish to ignore that while look at yardage totals. 

im not totally understanding but it seems like youre arguing that barkley isnt the best because he may continue to get hurt. as far as everyhting else, yes things change quickly at rb but unless the very top tier regresses or kamara improves than hes not in the same conversation.

I'm saying that right now McCaffrey and Cook are probably the two best running backs in football right now - this season so far.  Kamara, Barkley, etc are still in the conversation because they were elite last season, but haven't put up the production so far this season.  Neither McCaffrey or Cook were mentioned last year at this exact same time.  Things change so fast.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm saying that right now McCaffrey and Cook are probably the two best running backs in football right now - this season so far.  Kamara, Barkley, etc are still in the conversation because they were elite last season, but haven't put up the production so far this season.  Neither McCaffrey or Cook were mentioned last year at this exact same time.  Things change so fast.

when was kamara elite last season? CMC had the year Kamara was supposed to have,  he was certainly mentioned by muself and others. 

and youre still ignoring barkley hasnt played due to injury. again i ask, are you saying a high ankle sprain will plague him the rest of his career or 3 games means that much to you?

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

when was kamara elite last season? CMC had the year Kamara was supposed to have,  he was certainly mentioned by muself and others. 

and youre still ignoring barkley hasnt played due to injury. again i ask, are you saying a high ankle sprain will plague him the rest of his career or 3 games means that much to you?

Yes.  Alvin Kamara was great last season.

I don't even care about Barkley.  I never even mentioned him in my initial post.  I just said that McCaffrey and Kamara were maybe the two best backs in football.  I said before that Barkley is elite.  I'm not sure what else you want me to say.  I don't care about his injury and I don't think it'll impact him in the future.

I specifically remember this thread last year.  The main argument was between Gurley and Kamara in here.  I'm not saying other backs were not mentioned.  Gurley was elite last season and now nobody even talks about him anymore.  I was just using that as an example of how fast things change.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yes.  Alvin Kamara was great last season.

I don't even care about Barkley.  I never even mentioned him in my initial post.  I just said that McCaffrey and Kamara were maybe the two best backs in football.  I said before that Barkley is elite.  I'm not sure what else you want me to say.  I don't care about his injury and I don't think it'll impact him in the future.

I specifically remember this thread last year.  The main argument was between Gurley and Kamara in here.  I'm not saying other backs were not mentioned.  Gurley was elite last season and now nobody even talks about him anymore.  I was just using that as an example of how fast things change.

Youre saying barkley isnt the best and appears the only reason you have is that hes injured. 

as far as kamara being great last year, maybe at times he was but he didnt produce like an elite back and was well behind the best backs. I guess i was looking for your reasoning as to why youre including kamara as among the best but the only thing its come down to is "things changed fast" thats not really a reason in mu book.

1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

If you had to bet your 401k on one RB to make the HOF between Kamara, Zeke, McCaffrey and Barkley who do you take?

Barring any freak injuries that would shorten their career, I don't think I would be worried about putting my money on any of them.  In the era of QBs we are in, I think these 4 will stand out above the other RBs as long as they don't get hurt and will all make it. 

• Like 1

I love Barkley, but CMac is just nuts right now. I question how long he’ll hold up at this rate but the guy is currently the best back in the league. That Panthers run game is clicking. It’s a great scheme, CMac is getting great blocking, and CMac is clearly a phenomenal player. Right now...he’s easily in the best situation, but it’s tough to take anything away from him because it’s tough to imagine anyone else doing better in his situation. 

Kamara had another good game on Sunday. We knew that it was going to be a tough matchup. He was the most productive back that the Bucs have faced this year, including CMac, Gurley, and Barkley. If you’re in fantasy...I’d try to buy Kamara right now. The Saints have had a brutal opening season schedule...Kamara’s production (and many other Saints) should begin to increase significantly.

• Like 1