Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

The last running back who was without a doubt the best in the league was Adrian Peterson.  Since his decline, there have been a number of guys who could make a claim for the title.  If I were go make a prediction who ends up taking the baton for the next several years, I would probably go with Saquon Barkley.  He's on a team that needs a lot of work though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

Or maybe, just maybe, the greatest lesson of this thread ought to be not to crown ANYONE as the "Best in Football" off a limited sample size (and yes, 2 seasons is a limited sample size for such an audacious claim unless they're literally blowing current records out of the water - not qualified-out-the-yin-yang, PFF "records") unless you're going to qualify the statement with a "(Insert Given Year)" timestamp.  The hallmark of true greatness is ability to sustain.  And sustenance isn't just one year, it's over an arc of many.

Heresy. Burn him.

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

This thread has lived long enough that the better question is if Kamara is even top 10. It seems like not. 

Yeah it's crazy, I remember back when Gurley was argued by many as the best RB in this thread and now it's like is he even a top 10 or 15 RB anymore?

8 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah it's crazy, I remember back when Gurley was argued by many as the best RB in this thread and now it's like is he even a top 10 or 15 RB anymore?

He's not. He shows flashes but hasn't done it on a consistent basis since midway into 2018. I'm not sure how that is relevant to the topic. Sorry for triggering you.

9 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

He's not. He shows flashes but hasn't done it on a consistent basis since midway into 2018. I'm not sure how that is relevant to the topic. Sorry for triggering you.

He has been a very relevant part of it as discussion about him has played a major role in this topic since it started. Feel like you should know this though, but nice deflection.

12 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

He has been a very relevant part of it as discussion about him has played a major role in this topic since it started. Feel like you should know this though, but nice deflection.

Because Gurley was the best RB in the NFL at a point during this discussion. He was brought up to show the idiocy of this entire thread. He isn't the same runner so you are correct that he isn't a top 10 back. I'd have to think about 15. 

Here is what Kamara has done this year. His rushing yards and yards per carry are down. His TDs are laughably down. His yards per target is down to a putrid 5.6. And he has 4 fumbles. 

You deflected first on the Gurley quip lol...refusing to acknowledge that Kamara isn't a top 10 back.

7 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Because Gurley was the best RB in the NFL at a point during this discussion. He was brought up to show the idiocy of this entire thread. He isn't the same runner so you are correct that he isn't a top 10 back. I'd have to think about 15. 

Here is what Kamara has done this year. His rushing yards and yards per carry are down. His TDs are laughably down. His yards per target is down to a putrid 5.6. And he has 4 fumbles. 

You deflected first on the Gurley quip lol...refusing to acknowledge that Kamara isn't a top 10 back.

Yeah Kamara has defintely had a down year as well. The high ankle sprain probably didn't help, but I'm just hoping he's back to full speed for the playoffs and has some big playoff games. Maybe Gurley will also see a resurgence in the playoffs this year?

Edited by tyler735

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

This thread has lived long enough that the better question is if Kamara is even top 10. It seems like not. 

I'm not going to rank them right now... But I can think of a few guys who weren't talked about from page 1-85 who I'd actually rank ahead of Kamara right now.

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm not going to rank them right now... But I can think of a few guys who weren't talked about from page 1-85 who I'd actually rank ahead of Kamara right now.

The problem with Kamara is he doesn't have bulk numbers. And maybe never will based on his build. It's likely going to be 3 straight years where he doesn't crack 1,000 rushing yards which isn't really that tough of a feat. 9 guys have already gone over the mark. The only argument for him was efficiency. And now he's as inefficient as ever. For every TD he scores, he fumbles twice.

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

bro, youre going to make @tyler735 cry. it speaks volumes he cant even admit that kamara isnt even close to the conversation anymore.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

bro, youre going to make @tyler735 cry. it speaks volumes he cant even admit that kamara isnt even close to the conversation anymore.

"Yeah Kamara has defintely had a down year as well. The high ankle sprain probably didn't help"

Yeah definitely "bro". Guess I'll just have to cheer for Kamara while I watch him in the playoffs yet again, even if he isn't the best RB in the NFL. Suppose you will have plenty of time to watch him as well this January..

21 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

"Yeah Kamara has defintely had a down year as well. The high ankle sprain probably didn't help"

Yeah definitely "bro". Guess I'll just have to cheer for Kamara while I watch him in the playoffs yet again, even if he isn't the best RB in the NFL. Suppose you will have plenty of time to watch him as well this January..

and.... exhibit, what comes after z?

falcons suck, what does that have to do with kamara being average this year? 

36 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

and.... exhibit, what comes after z?

falcons suck, what does that have to do with kamara being average this year? 

What does coming into a thread unprovoked numerous times on this forum and trying to "attack" me have anything to do with Kamara having a down year? But yeah the Falcons do suck.

Edited by tyler735