Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

29 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Maybe?

And...? 

not maybe. definitely. 

So how can someone who isn't the best runner on their team be the best runner in the NFL? that's what this zombie thread is about... (zombie thread because it wont die)

23 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Gotta wonder just how much more dangerous this Chiefs team would be with Kareem in the backfield. They’d be giving Baltimore a run for their money in the AFC.

no doubt. would have been good to have him when mahomes was out. a more consistent run game would be huge with all of that speed they have. they were foolish to cut him like that imo and a lot of teams were dumb for not claiming him

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Gotta wonder just how much more dangerous this Chiefs team would be with Kareem in the backfield. They’d be giving Baltimore a run for their money in the AFC.

Or worse - imagine the Ravens were the ones to sign Hunt. You can’t be more unstoppable but...that’s what they’d be.

On 12/12/2019 at 11:59 PM, vikes635 said:

Your forgetting he is also excellent in the receiving game. I feel on running ability alone he is as good or better than Kamara, Chubb, Jacobs, Mixon, Mack, and Jones. On the receiving end he beats out Elliot, Henry, Jacobs, Mack. I put him high on this list because he is not a 1 trick pony. Like you said he has the Truck style that is effective but he also run tons of routes through the game and takes the ball something like 90% of the carry share. Gurley, Johnson, and probably even Bell yeah once upon a time were better all around backs but I don't think that is true anymore. Carson?? come on that guy is Lucky Penny is made out of glass and Wilson is so dang efficient or his fumble pron butt would be looking for a job. I'll admit some of these guys have more big play potential that Fournette but can just as easily be invisible for an entire game.

Fournette has shown that he can be a big play threat.  When he gets rumbling, he can roll to the endzone.  Wasn't that the whole criticism of his "big year"?  It was inflated because he housed it a few times on long runs that he trampled people to make?

On 13/12/2019 at 5:13 AM, SmittyBacall said:

Disagree. Excellent is pushing it too far. Bell, White, Ekeler etc. are excellent receivers. Fournette is just capable. He can catch. He's not someone you can split out wide or ask to create separation consistently.

Yeah, I don't see that either. I've never seen Fournette create yards in the same way those 6 have. Like I said earlier, I don't think he's special at all. But to each their own.

This is true though.  Fournette is not the useless receiver he was made out to be by many.  He's..."decent".  He gets the job done.  He's not an excellent receiving back.  He provides an interesting dimension on the perimeter as a receiver when he swings out there, because he can physically impose his will on DBs for extra yards.  But frankly...TJ Yeldon is still probably the better "receiving back".  Though far less useful in everything else.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

This is officially the "Tout your Teams RB" thread.

I don't trust anything that comes out of Bill Belichik's mouth. Dude is known for "Killing people with kindness"

If he played Philadelphia tomorrow he'd say Zach Ertz is the best Tight End in football.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I don't trust anything that comes out of Bill Belichik's mouth. Dude is known for "Killing people with kindness"

If he played Philadelphia tomorrow he'd say Zach Ertz is the best Tight End in football.

I don't actually think that Bill thinks Mixon is the best back in the league. But it's still nice to hear him sing his praises. Plus, we're allowed to homer in this thread.

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don't actually think that Bill thinks Mixon is the best back in the league. But it's still nice to hear him sing his praises. Plus, we're allowed to homer in this thread.

oh ok. Miles Sanders is the best back in the NFL.

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Best blind back, maybe. Dude has the vision of Stevie Wonder.

I don't think you've watched him in last 6 or 7 games.

Dude has got a whole hell of a lot better, whether or not the numbers reflect that or not. He's not trying to be Barkley anymore and make something out of nothing on every play. He's learned to just take 2-3 yards sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think you've watched him in last 6 or 7 games.

Dude has got a whole hell of a lot better, whether or not the numbers reflect that or not. He's not trying to be Barkley anymore and make something out of nothing on every play. He's learned to just take 2-3 yards sometimes.

How do you not score on this play? That's egregiously bad.

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

How do you not score on this play? That's egregiously bad.

ok yeah, he messed up on that play. will admit. Still, he's been getting better and better. I don't ever expect Miles Sanders to be a top 5 back frankly, but he'll be a good back who can easily total 1500 total YFS year in and year out for us. He's really good at being a receiving threat down the field, not just out of the backfield which is nice. I expect we'll continue to see fewer and fewer plays like this one you showed here. They were more frequent earlier in the season, but much less now. 

11 hours ago, Danger said:

He said Lorenzo Alexander was the best LB a few years ago when he was nutty 

• Like 1