Trent Williams undergoing minor knee procedure

turtle28

51 minutes ago, Woz said:

You should always be concerned if you are going under the knife. That's not for football players, but for anyone.

Yes, it may be low risk, but that is not no risk.

That’s exactly how I feel, especially since it’s on his surgically repaired knee.

On 9/24/2018 at 9:23 PM, A TRAIN 89 said:

I am resigned to the fact that Trent Williams will probably always play at 85%, given his age and injury history. With that being said, 85% of Trent Williams is still probably a top 5 OT in the league.

Except he hasnt been this season.

The decline of Williams is upon us. Hes 30, had multiple surgeries, and is starting to show signs of slowing. Redskins need to find a long term solution at LT.

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

The decline of Williams is upon us. Hes 30, had multiple surgeries, and is starting to show signs of slowing. Redskins need to find a long term solution at LT.

What signs has Trent shown of slowing down other than battling injuries?

Last year he was just as good as he ever was despite playing with a major knee injury that required surgery.

My honest opinion is that the last two decades of elite LT play - except for 2009 when Samuels’ career ended - has spoiled this teams fanbase. 

Most fans took Chris Samuels for granted, and they take Trent for granted too.

I also would say that we drafted Geron Christian with the hope that they can develop him into a starting LT within 3 years. So, they’ve actually thought about it and have planed ahead - like they did with Doctson - although that hasn’t worked out so far.

10 hours ago, Slateman said:

@Thaiphoon, I'm getting flashbacks to 2008 and Chris Samuels.

Just now, A TRAIN 89 said:

Can't give up on him this early. Kid is 21 and has a lot of potential.

Let us not forget how bad Morgan Moses was early in his career.

While fair, it would be wise to invest in the offensive line now beyond just tackle.

(just realized @Thaiphoon somehow didn't say that the Redskins needed a guard this offseason!?)

Archived