Trent Williams undergoing minor knee procedure

turtle28

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

I figured that was a given. I thought we were adding to the list

Ah. The question then becomes priority order. Edge rusher, guard, receiver, tackle? (only putting edge rusher up higher due to the higher difficulty in acquiring talent)

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

Ah. The question then becomes priority order. Edge rusher, guard, receiver, tackle? (only putting edge rusher up higher due to the higher difficulty in acquiring talent)

It’s sad edge rusher is a need after using three 2nd round picks on OLBs

25 minutes ago, Woz said:

For me? For the 2019 Draft?

Edge (only if an elite talent - otherwise this drops below WR)

Guard

WR

LT

17 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. This offseason we need the following:

WR

LT

Outside pass rusher

17 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

We just drafted one.

16 hours ago, Woz said:

FTF Thai.

Christian is really athletic but also really raw.  If he gets good coaching, he could be a perfect replacement. The question is will he get the coaching and will he get it in time. Frankly, I see Williams needing to move to guard within a season.

On 9/26/2018 at 5:05 PM, MKnight82 said:

We just drafted one.

Thank you. We just drafted Christian to develop him for a few years. At this point we don’t know if he can be the answer or not in a few years, but I’m damn sure they’re going to give him a chance and find out.

11 hours ago, Slateman said:

Christian is really athletic but also really raw.  If he gets good coaching, he could be a perfect replacement. The question is will he get the coaching and will he get it in time. Frankly, I see Williams needing to move to guard within a season.

Yes to the first two sentences, and I trust Callahan to develop Christian like he did Moses, Spencer Long, Nsekhe, Scherff from a LT into a RG and now Roullier.

I don’t agree Williams will be playing guard anytime soon, if ever. Williams’ problems are injury related, those don’t care what position you play. The guy was one of the best LTs in the NFL last year on one leg, that should be respected and admired, not looked over while some posters determine he can’t play LT anymore and he needs to play OG.

Too early to determine that we’ll need to draft a WR or OLB. There’s 13 weeks left for Doctson and Preston to prove they should be long term options. We should wait to see what happens.

The top needs in the 2019 draft as it stands today are:

1. LG

2. ILB

The other positions are yet to be determined.

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Too early to determine that we’ll need to draft a WR or OLB. There’s 13 weeks left for Doctson and Preston to prove they should be long term options. We should wait to see what happens.

The top needs in the 2019 draft as it stands today are:

1. LG

2. ILB

The other positions are yet to be determined.

QB

11 hours ago, Slateman said:

I don't have 3-4 years to get him to that level though. I'd rather develop him and use him as Moses' replacement or as depth.

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

QB

Mid rounds, not early. I think that Norman will be gone and they’ll draft a corner in rounds 1-3. Then, they’ll draft a guard in round 2 or 3 and with our 3rd round compensatory pick and 4th they’ll take an ILB, OLB and/or QB to develop behind Alex and Colt.

Archived