Is this the end?

Elky

BlissfulBriefAfricanfisheagle-size_restr

Had to do it ^_^

Obviously a horrendous performance but there have been so many "the end"s over the years, can't just take 2 games and base it off that. Edelman back will definitely help the offense (and hopefully Gordon makes it even better) and if there's one thing I trust the head coach to get right its figuring out how to get the most out of his defense. Whether that means a trade in the next few weeks or pinpointing what's going wrong with the front four getting totally washed out in the run game or the likes of Hightower fully recovering and starting to just play better. They'll probably need some better luck with injuries through the rest of the season, but Bill Belichick has done more with less in the past. No reason to jump off the most successful wagon in modern NFL history just yet.

I have more things to say. The legitimate gripes I have with Belichick right now are:

A) Blatantly not replacing Cooks and Amendola. I agreed with the decision to move on from both individually, but you can't tell me any combination of Patterson/Dorsett/Matthews/Britt was ever going to replace those two, and the same with counting on anything from Malcolm Mitchell given his inability to get back on the field.

B) Spending a first round pick on a running back with all the needs on this roster. The Wynn pick I get, they hadn't traded for Brown and he was a legitimately good prospect. But Michel (who I'd argue wasn't a first round talent to begin with) was a luxury pick they shouldn't have indulged in given how many holes the misses/busts from the last 2-3 drafts have created on the roster. Even if you don't like the value at 31, and I can't believe I'm saying this about a Bill Belichick draft, trade down!!! That one still bugs me.

C) Not addressing team speed in the front 7. Whether via the draft or free agency, they didn't learn their lesson from the Super Bowl. Their defensive line only got slower with Shelton and Clayborn, but more importantly they didn't move the needle at all at linebacker! Hightower is a shell of the guy he was 2 years ago, Bentley looks like a player (albeit a slow one) and the one guy they drafted who might have made a difference, Christian Sam, was a 6th rounder and is now on IR. 

D) The inner relationships. No one really knows what the hell went on in the last year, but between Belichick and Kraft they need to figure out how to right the goddamn ship, and ultimately it needs to be Belichick who does it. Whether he wanted to keep Jimmy or he didn't, what he has now is Brady and Gronk for the next few seasons, give or take, and as the coach/GM/genius its his job to make the most of that (the opposite of which is surrounding them with Cordarrelle Patterson and Phillip Dorsett). Do your job Bill.

Is it the end? Anything’s possible. But it’s way, way too early to tell. And frankly whenever NE looks bad in a loss, the question gets sprung up prematurely. So I’m not really entertaining it at the moment.

This week vs Miami will be telling, as I think going 1-3 and having the Phins at 4-0 would be a tough hill to come back from.

On 24/09/2018 at 5:32 PM, Deadpulse said:

Its been three weeks... I am so tempted to lock this thread after the sky is falling threads after that KC game. 

sidenote: KC is not gonna be fun to play in a few weeks. 

God. Our only hope is that they're coming off the bye week...

20 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I expect the Pats to pick up momentum at the beginning of November and finish the season hot. October will see a lot of bumps along the way. September has been more than just "bumps in the road" and will likely finish that way against a surging Miami team.

I agree but you can't lose too many games along the way. 2 losses through September, 4 losses through October and finish 11-5 would be fine.

Archived